Can someone compile ESP Easy for me?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

bonsai307
New user

Can someone compile ESP Easy for me?

#1 Post by bonsai307 » 31 Mar 2020, 17:30

Hello everybody,

I hope someone here can help me.

I'm looking for someone who can compile a customized version of ESP Easy for me.

I just can't get any further myself. I tried it according to the official instructions, but PlatformIO or Atom keeps showing error messages.

The background is that I would like to have a plugin that is not officially released (Nextion device Plugin - Plugin75) and on the other hand I would need the plugin P007_PCF8591 not just 1x but 6x in total. Now of course one wonders why? The background is as follows: The plugin has a predefined i2C address on which it communicates. But I have a total of 6 of these A / D converters hanging on the i2C. Accordingly, the plugin would simply have to be inserted 5 times as a copy (with a different i2C address, i.e. it only has to be changed in a single line).

I would be really happy if someone could help me here!

Thank you in advance.

MfG bonsai

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Can someone compile ESP Easy for me?

#2 Post by TD-er » 31 Mar 2020, 21:53

Plugin75 has been part of ESPEasy builds for way over a year.

P007 does have a settings notation which differs a bit from other ones, but you can set the I2C address.

Code: Select all

byte unit = (CONFIG_PORT - 1) / 4;
        byte port = CONFIG_PORT - (unit * 4);
        uint8_t address = 0x48 + unit;
In other words, what you fill in as the "Port" value, determines the I2C address.

For example if you need to use address 0x49, then you need "unit" = 1 (0x49 - 0x48 = 1)
Whatever the port value in the code may mean (perhaps an analog input of the chip?), let's assume you need "port" = 2
So the value you need to enter in the plugin settings is:
4*unit + port = 4*1 + 2 = 6

It isn't the most logical way of entering the value, but at least you can just use the nightly builds that have P075 and P007 included.
As you can see in the documentation ( https://espeasy.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... al-plugins ), both are included in the "Testing" build.

nbrown6
New user

#3 Post by nbrown6 » 10 May 2020, 12:55

Hi,

Did you manage to get anywhere with the Nextion Plugin? I too want the same thing i think.

Cheers

Grumpf
Normal user

#4 Post by Grumpf » 12 May 2020, 14:21

Hi guys, I managed to have a simple portable Arduino IDE that compiles last version. I'm happy to share or try to compile for you but so far I just customized the plugins I needed and add my wifi cred plus modify P012 to add some special char. I never tried to duplicate plugins but if you can't do it I'll try. I need to know for what board though.

Rant/

So in other words, I got a folder where everything is in to compile Espeasy, I hate, really HATE the way arduino IDE is putting libraries and other customized things all over the place making it a big mess. the portable version will run as is and that's what you want. I'll probably have one portable IDE for each of my projects in the future to prevent crap conflicts and so.

/Rant

TD-er
Core team member

#5 Post by TD-er » 13 May 2020, 08:56

Grumpf wrote: 12 May 2020, 14:21 [...]
So in other words, I got a folder where everything is in to compile Espeasy, I hate, really HATE the way arduino IDE is putting libraries and other customized things all over the place making it a big mess. the portable version will run as is and that's what you want. I'll probably have one portable IDE for each of my projects in the future to prevent crap conflicts and so.
I totally agree with this rant on Arduino IDE, that's why I only use PlatformIO with VS code (have used Atom for a long time too)
Once you have that running, you will never go back to Arduino IDE.

Even in VS code I do have difficulties with all the open files to find what I was looking for (on 4k screens). So imagine what it would be like in Arduino IDE.

grovkillen
Core team member

#6 Post by grovkillen » 13 May 2020, 16:20

Ditto on what Gijs just said. I use Atom by the way. Two 4K monitors plus a 14 inch laptop display is really needed :D
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

Grumpf
Normal user

#7 Post by Grumpf » 13 May 2020, 16:37

And thought I was "the shit" with my 40" 4k :)

Ok, I'll try platform IO again when I'll have the courage :)