Firmware update resulted in 'Generic HTTP Controller' issue

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

S_Racing
New user

Firmware update resulted in 'Generic HTTP Controller' issue

#1 Post by S_Racing » 04 May 2020, 14:24

Hi, I am using several Wemos D1 with ESP Easy 'Generic HTTP' Controller to send data to SmarthomeNG with a webservice plugin. I was doing a firmware update on those ESP Easy devices and noticed that my SmarthomeNG webservice plugin does not receive any data for ESP devices with firmware 'ESP_Easy_mega-20200204_dev_ESP8266_4M1M.bin' or newer. Firmware 'ESP_Easy_mega-20191208_dev_ESP8266_4M1M.bin' or older works without any issue.

I checked the change log on the newer firmware but could not find what has changed that may impact the 'Generic HTTP' Controller settings but did not found anything.

What am I missing? Any support is appreciated.

Regards
Marcus

ThomasB
Normal user

Re: Firmware update resulted in 'Generic HTTP Controller' issue

#2 Post by ThomasB » 04 May 2020, 19:03

I suggest using serial log; The messages might be helpful in troubleshooting this issue.

BTW, some changes were made late last year that affects rule parsing. So if your SmarthomeNG actions are triggered by rules then please check this article for updated syntax:
https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/2724

- Thomas

S_Racing
New user

#3 Post by S_Racing » 04 May 2020, 21:32

Thanks.

I would not see a relation to rules as some of my Wemos D1 which are not working with the newer Firmware are operated without using any rules - just using the 'Generic HTTP' Controller to forward values to my Smarthome system.

The log on a Debug dev / Kernel level does not show any failure.

I can easily bring it back to work with any firmware before December 2019, but none of the firmware after February 2020 works.... Same behaviour for all my 4 Wemos D1 devices.

Marcus

ThomasB
Normal user

#4 Post by ThomasB » 04 May 2020, 23:15

I found that this bug was reported and a fix was released on builds after Feb 21:
https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/2878

If the latest Mega build does not work for you then I recommend opening the issue on GitHub.

- Thomas

S_Racing
New user

#5 Post by S_Racing » 05 May 2020, 09:06

Thanks Thomas.

I did open a issue on Github:
https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/3054

And you are right, the formerly reported issue on Github you reference is very simular. Seems it was fixed for the 'Normal' build but not for the 'Development' version.

Marcus

TD-er
Core team member

#6 Post by TD-er » 05 May 2020, 10:28

S_Racing wrote: 05 May 2020, 09:06 Seems it was fixed for the 'Normal' build but not for the 'Development' version.
That's strange to say the least, as both use the same code, only the 'dev' build has more plugins included.

But I will have a look at the Github issue.