Send al raw ir data to next esp

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Stephan123
New user

Send al raw ir data to next esp

#1 Post by Stephan123 » 03 Jan 2021, 23:55

Hi,

This is my first post here, please let me know if I need to change anything in my writing :)

At the moment I am creating an IR extender to an amp somewhere hidden in a closet. The target is to use my harmony to send an IR signal to an ESP easy node with an IRRX module near the Harmony and then send the raw signal to the an other node with a IR TX head near the amp so it will pass trough all signals.
The reason for the raw signal is that it is then device independent so I can add a module later or swap the amp.

An other reason why I use ESP easy is that I can also use some of the values to send them to domoticz and let domoticz take some actions (turning off the amp when I leave the house). This part I can handle.
I can use either MQTT or HTTP for data transport.

Is this possible with ESP easy? And how would it be done then?

Stephan123
New user

Re: Send al raw ir data to next esp

#2 Post by Stephan123 » 09 Jan 2021, 14:45

So i figured out how to proceed :)

I created a rule which is sending the hex key to the othter ESP device:

Code: Select all

On IR#IR do
   SendToHTTP 192.168.30.124,80,"/control?cmd=IRSEND,sony,0x%c_2hex%([IR#IR]),12"
endon
I still need to set the bits and the protocol used because the the only Value I can use in rules from IR is IR. IR which is decimal version of the DATA field.
By %c_2hex%(IR#IR) you change the decimal code again to HEX and you must put 0x before it.

So the next step would be to be able to also be able to send any of the parameters. But for now I do not need that.

Ath
Normal user

#3 Post by Ath » 09 Jan 2021, 15:27

Stephan123 wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 14:45 I still need to set the bits and the protocol used because the the only Value I can use in rules from IR is IR. IR which is decimal version of the DATA field.
By %c_2hex%(IR#IR) you change the decimal code again to HEX and you must put 0x before it.
Sure you have to convert the data to hex? Usually a parser is used, and that 'understands' hex because of the 0x prefix, but is perfecty capable of handling decimal data. (At the end it is of course being turned into bytes again...)
/Ton (PayPal.me)

Stephan123
New user

#4 Post by Stephan123 » 01 Feb 2021, 11:04

I'm not sure but this does work :)

I can try tonight of you like!