Build feature request

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

garnold
Normal user

Build feature request

#1 Post by garnold » 24 Feb 2021, 13:23

I've started using the Generic HTTP Advanced controller and it works great for my needs. After I installed the version of firmware that contains this feature I found out that the build does not include the servo control feature. Is there a build out there to does contain both? I'm guessing the response to this question might be for me to compile my own custom build but that is beyond my skill set right now. Thank you

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Build feature request

#2 Post by TD-er » 24 Feb 2021, 14:14

The controller you're referring to is indeed "testing" and servo was left out of builds that have the "LIMIT_BUILD_SIZE" set.
So I do get your problem here.

It really is time for a build service....

garnold
Normal user

#3 Post by garnold » 24 Feb 2021, 15:07

I apologize for this next question if it should be more obvious to me, but are you saying that if I use a testing image that does not have a LIMIT_BUILD_SIZE I would get everything I need? I'm using 4mb Wemos D1 Mini as my hardware. Again, I'm really sorry if this all should be more clear to me. When I unzip the release file it opens up to quite a few files and I'm quickly confused :oops:

Grumpf
Normal user

#4 Post by Grumpf » 28 Feb 2021, 16:37

If you can uncomment the plugins you need in this file and post it back I'll try to compile something for you. Scroll until you see the plugin section and uncomment (remove leading //) everything you use. We're talking for this one right ?
wemos-d1-mini-1.jpg
wemos-d1-mini-1.jpg (103.89 KiB) Viewed 8039 times

Code: Select all

#ifndef ESPEASY_CUSTOM_H
#define ESPEASY_CUSTOM_H

/*
    To modify the stock configuration without changing the EspEasy.ino file :
    1) rename this file to "Custom.h" (It is ignored by Git)
    2) define your own settings below
    3) define USE_CUSTOM_H as a build flags. ie : export PLATFORMIO_BUILD_FLAGS="'-DUSE_CUSTOM_H'"
 */

/*
 #######################################################################################################
   Your Own Default Settings
 #######################################################################################################
    You can basically ovveride ALL macro defined in ESPEasy.ino.
    Don't forget to first #undef each existing #define that you add below.
    But since this Custom.h is included before other defines are made, you don't have to undef a lot of defines.
    Here are some examples:
 */

#ifdef BUILD_GIT
# undef BUILD_GIT
#endif // ifdef BUILD_GIT

#define BUILD_GIT           "My Build: "  __DATE__ " "  __TIME__

#define DEFAULT_NAME        "MyEspEasyDevice"                        // Enter your device friendly name
#define UNIT                0                                        // Unit Number
#define DEFAULT_DELAY       60                                       // Sleep Delay in seconds

// --- Wifi AP Mode (when your Wifi Network is not reachable) ----------------------------------------
#define DEFAULT_AP_IP       192, 168, 4, 1                           // Enter IP address (comma separated) for AP (config) mode
#define DEFAULT_AP_SUBNET   255, 255, 255, 0                         // Enter IP address (comma separated) for AP (config) mode
#define DEFAULT_AP_KEY      "configesp"                              // Enter network WPA key for AP (config) mode

// --- Wifi Client Mode -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define DEFAULT_SSID                         "MyHomeSSID"            // Enter your network SSID
#define DEFAULT_KEY                          "MySuperSecretPassword" // Enter your network WPA key
#define DEFAULT_USE_STATIC_IP                false                   // (true|false) enabled or disabled static IP
#define DEFAULT_IP                           "192.168.0.50"          // Enter your IP address
#define DEFAULT_DNS                          "192.168.0.1"           // Enter your DNS
#define DEFAULT_GW                           "192.168.0.1"           // Enter your Gateway
#define DEFAULT_SUBNET                       "255.255.255.0"         // Enter your Subnet
#define DEFAULT_IPRANGE_LOW                  "0.0.0.0"               // Allowed IP range to access webserver
#define DEFAULT_IPRANGE_HIGH                 "255.255.255.255"       // Allowed IP range to access webserver
#define DEFAULT_IP_BLOCK_LEVEL               1                       // 0: ALL_ALLOWED  1: LOCAL_SUBNET_ALLOWED  2:
// ONLY_IP_RANGE_ALLOWED
#define DEFAULT_ADMIN_USERNAME               "admin"
#define DEFAULT_ADMIN_PASS                   ""

#define DEFAULT_WIFI_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT      10000 // minimum timeout in ms for WiFi to be connected.
#define DEFAULT_WIFI_FORCE_BG_MODE           false // when set, only allow to connect in 802.11B or G mode (not N)
#define DEFAULT_WIFI_RESTART_WIFI_CONN_LOST  false // Perform wifi off and on when connection was lost.
#define DEFAULT_ECO_MODE                     false // When set, make idle calls between executing tasks.
#define DEFAULT_WIFI_NONE_SLEEP              false // When set, the wifi will be set to no longer sleep (more power
// used and need reboot to reset mode)
#define DEFAULT_GRATUITOUS_ARP               false // When set, the node will send periodical gratuitous ARP
                                                   // packets to announce itself.
#define DEFAULT_TOLERANT_LAST_ARG_PARSE      false // When set, the last argument of some commands will be parsed to the end of the line
                                                   // See: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/issues/2724
#define DEFAULT_SEND_TO_HTTP_ACK             false // Wait for ack with SendToHttp command.

// --- Default Controller ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define DEFAULT_CONTROLLER   false                                          // true or false enabled or disabled, set 1st controller
                                                                            // defaults
#define DEFAULT_CONTROLLER_ENABLED true                                     // Enable default controller by default
#define DEFAULT_CONTROLLER_USER    ""                                       // Default controller user
#define DEFAULT_CONTROLLER_PASS    ""                                       // Default controller Password

// using a default template, you also need to set a DEFAULT PROTOCOL to a suitable MQTT protocol !
#define DEFAULT_PUB         "sensors/espeasy/%sysname%/%tskname%/%valname%" // Enter your pub
#define DEFAULT_SUB         "sensors/espeasy/%sysname%/#"                   // Enter your sub
#define DEFAULT_SERVER      "192.168.0.8"                                   // Enter your Server IP address
#define DEFAULT_SERVER_HOST ""                                              // Server hostname
#define DEFAULT_SERVER_USEDNS false                                         // true: Use hostname.  false: use IP
#define DEFAULT_USE_EXTD_CONTROLLER_CREDENTIALS   false                     // true: Allow longer user credentials for controllers

#define DEFAULT_PORT        8080                                            // Enter your Server port value

#define DEFAULT_PROTOCOL    0                                               // Protocol used for controller communications
                                                                            //   0 = Stand-alone (no controller set)
                                                                            //   1 = Domoticz HTTP
                                                                            //   2 = Domoticz MQTT
                                                                            //   3 = Nodo Telnet
                                                                            //   4 = ThingSpeak
                                                                            //   5 = Home Assistant (openHAB) MQTT
                                                                            //   6 = PiDome MQTT
                                                                            //   7 = EmonCMS
                                                                            //   8 = Generic HTTP
                                                                            //   9 = FHEM HTTP

#define DEFAULT_PIN_I2C_SDA                     4
#define DEFAULT_PIN_I2C_SCL                     5
#define DEFAULT_I2C_CLOCK_SPEED                 400000            // Use 100 kHz if working with old I2C chips

#define DEFAULT_SPI                             0                 //0=disabled 1=enabled and for ESP32 there is option 2 =HSPI

#define DEFAULT_PIN_STATUS_LED                  (-1)
#define DEFAULT_PIN_STATUS_LED_INVERSED         true

#define DEFAULT_PIN_RESET_BUTTON                (-1)

#define DEFAULT_USE_RULES                       false             // (true|false) Enable Rules?
#define DEFAULT_RULES_OLDENGINE                 true

#define DEFAULT_MQTT_RETAIN                     false             // (true|false) Retain MQTT messages?
#define DEFAULT_MQTT_DELAY                      100               // Time in milliseconds to retain MQTT messages
#define DEFAULT_MQTT_LWT_TOPIC                  ""                // Default lwt topic
#define DEFAULT_MQTT_LWT_CONNECT_MESSAGE        "Connected"       // Default lwt message
#define DEFAULT_MQTT_LWT_DISCONNECT_MESSAGE     "Connection Lost" // Default lwt message
#define DEFAULT_MQTT_USE_UNITNAME_AS_CLIENTID   0

#define DEFAULT_USE_NTP                         false             // (true|false) Use NTP Server
#define DEFAULT_NTP_HOST                        ""                // NTP Server Hostname
#define DEFAULT_TIME_ZONE                       0                 // Time Offset (in minutes)
#define DEFAULT_USE_DST                         false             // (true|false) Use Daily Time Saving

#define DEFAULT_LATITUDE                        0.0f              // Default Latitude  
#define DEFAULT_LONGITUDE                       0.0f              // Default Longitude

#define DEFAULT_SYSLOG_IP                       ""                // Syslog IP Address
#define DEFAULT_SYSLOG_LEVEL                    0                 // Syslog Log Level
#define DEFAULT_SERIAL_LOG_LEVEL                LOG_LEVEL_INFO    // Serial Log Level
#define DEFAULT_WEB_LOG_LEVEL                   LOG_LEVEL_INFO    // Web Log Level
#define DEFAULT_SD_LOG_LEVEL                    0                 // SD Card Log Level
#define DEFAULT_USE_SD_LOG                      false             // (true|false) Enable Logging to the SD card

#define DEFAULT_USE_SERIAL                      true              // (true|false) Enable Logging to the Serial Port
#define DEFAULT_SERIAL_BAUD                     115200            // Serial Port Baud Rate
#define DEFAULT_SYSLOG_FACILITY                 0                 // kern

#define DEFAULT_SYNC_UDP_PORT                   0                 // Used for ESPEasy p2p. (IANA registered port: 8266)

#define BUILD_NO_DEBUG

#define USES_SSDP

// #define USE_SETTINGS_ARCHIVE
// #define FEATURE_I2CMULTIPLEXER
// #define USE_TRIGONOMETRIC_FUNCTIONS_RULES

/*
   Special settings  (rendering settings incompatible with other builds)
 */

// #define USE_NON_STANDARD_24_TASKS

/*
   Your Own selection of plugins and controllers
 */

#define CONTROLLER_SET_NONE
#define NOTIFIER_SET_NONE
#define PLUGIN_SET_NONE

/*
 ###########     Plugins
 */

// #define USE_SERVO

// #define USES_P001   // Switch
// #define USES_P002   // ADC
// #define USES_P003   // Pulse
// #define USES_P004   // Dallas
// #define USES_P005   // DHT
// #define USES_P006   // BMP085
// #define USES_P007   // PCF8591
// #define USES_P008   // RFID
// #define USES_P009   // MCP

// #define USES_P010   // BH1750
// #define USES_P011   // PME
// #define USES_P012   // LCD
// #define USES_P013   // HCSR04
// #define USES_P014   // SI7021
// #define USES_P015   // TSL2561
// #define USES_P017   // PN532
// #define USES_P018   // Dust
// #define USES_P019   // PCF8574

// #define USES_P020   // Ser2Net
// #define USES_P021   // Level
// #define USES_P022   // PCA9685
// #define USES_P023   // OLED
// #define USES_P024   // MLX90614
// #define USES_P025   // ADS1115
// #define USES_P026   // SysInfo
// #define USES_P027   // INA219
// #define USES_P028   // BME280
// #define USES_P029   // Output

// #define USES_P031   // SHT1X
// #define USES_P032   // MS5611
// #define USES_P033   // Dummy
// #define USES_P034   // DHT12
// #define USES_P036   // FrameOLED
// #define USES_P037   // MQTTImport
// #define USES_P038   // NeoPixel
// #define USES_P039   // Environment - Thermocouple

// #define USES_P040   // RFID - ID12LA/RDM6300
// #define USES_P041   // NeoClock
// #define USES_P042   // Candle
// #define USES_P043   // ClkOutput
// #define USES_P044   // P1WifiGateway
// #define USES_P045   // MPU6050
// #define USES_P046   // VentusW266
// #define USES_P047   // I2C_soil_misture
// #define USES_P048   // Motoshield_v2
// #define USES_P049   // MHZ19

// #define USES_P050   // TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor with IR filter and White LED
// #define USES_P051   // AM2320
// #define USES_P052   // SenseAir
// #define USES_P053   // PMSx003
// #define USES_P054   // DMX512
// #define USES_P055   // Chiming
// #define USES_P056   // SDS011-Dust
// #define USES_P057   // HT16K33_LED
// #define USES_P058   // HT16K33_KeyPad
// #define USES_P059   // Encoder

// #define USES_P060   // MCP3221
// #define USES_P061   // Keypad
// #define USES_P062   // MPR121_KeyPad
// #define USES_P063   // TTP229_KeyPad
// #define USES_P064   // APDS9960 Gesture
// #define USES_P065   // DRF0299
// #define USES_P066   // VEML6040
// #define USES_P067   // HX711_Load_Cell
// #define USES_P068   // SHT3x
// #define USES_P069   // LM75A

// #define USES_P070   // NeoPixel_Clock
// #define USES_P071   // Kamstrup401
// #define USES_P072   // HDC1080
// #define USES_P073   // 7DG
// #define USES_P074   // TSL2561
// #define USES_P075   // Nextion
// #define USES_P076   // HWL8012   in POW r1
// #define USES_P077   // CSE7766   in POW R2
// #define USES_P078   // Eastron Modbus Energy meters
// #define USES_P079   // Wemos Motoshield

// #define USES_P080   // iButton Sensor  DS1990A
// #define USES_P081   // Cron
// #define USES_P082   // GPS
// #define USES_P083   // SGP30
// #define USES_P084   // VEML6070
// #define USES_P085   // AcuDC24x
// #define USES_P086   // Receiving values according Homie convention. Works together with C014 Homie controller
// #define USES_P087   // Serial Proxy
// #define USES_P088   // HeatpumpIR
// #define USES_P089   // Ping

// #define USES_P090   // CCS811
// #define USES_P091   // SerSwitch
// #define USES_P092   // DLbus
// #define USES_P093   // MitsubishiHP
// #define USES_P094   // CULReader
// #define USES_P095   // ILI9341
// #define USES_P096   // eInk
// #define USES_P097   // ESP32Touch
// #define USES_P098   // 
// #define USES_P099   // XPT2046 touchscreen

// #define USES_P100   // DS2423 counter
// #define USES_P101   // WakeOnLan
// #define USES_P102   // PZEM004Tv3
// #define USES_P103   // Atlas_EZO_pH
// #define USES_P104   // Atlas_EZO_EC
// #define USES_P105   // Atlas_EZO_ORP
// #define USES_P106   // BME680
// #define USES_P107   // Si1145

// Special plugins needing IR library
// #define USES_P016   // IR
// #define P016_SEND_IR_TO_CONTROLLER false //IF true then the JSON replay solution is transmited back to the condroller.
// #define USES_P035   // IRTX
// #define P016_P035_Extended_AC // The following define is needed for extended decoding of A/C Messages and or using standardised 
                                 //common arguments for controlling all deeply supported A/C units
// #define P016_P035_USE_RAW_RAW2 //Use the RAW and RAW2 encodings, disabling it saves 3.7Kb
// #define USES_P088   // Heatpump IR
// #define USES_P108   // DDS238-x ZN Modbus energy meters

/*
 ###########     Controllers
 */

// #define USES_C001   // Domoticz HTTP
// #define USES_C002   // Domoticz MQTT
// #define USES_C003   // Nodo telnet
// #define USES_C004   // ThingSpeak
// #define USES_C005   // Home Assistant (openHAB) MQTT
// #define USES_C006   // PiDome MQTT
// #define USES_C007   // Emoncms
// #define USES_C008   // Generic HTTP
// #define USES_C009   // FHEM HTTP
// #define USES_C010   // Generic UDP
 #define USES_C011   // Generic HTTP Advanced
// #define USES_C012   // Blynk HTTP
// #define USES_C013   // ESPEasy P2P network
// #define USES_C014   // homie 3 & 4dev MQTT
// #define USES_C015   // Blynk
// #define USES_C016   // Cache controller
// #define USES_C017   // Zabbix
// #define USES_C018   // TTN/RN2483

/*
 ###########     Notifiers
 */

// #define USES_N001   // Email
// #define USES_N002   // Buzzer

#endif // ESPEASY_CUSTOM_H
Last edited by Grumpf on 28 Feb 2021, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.

garnold
Normal user

#5 Post by garnold » 28 Feb 2021, 17:37

That is the correct board. Wow, very kind of you! I'll work on this tonight and send something your way. Thank you!

Grumpf
Normal user

#6 Post by Grumpf » 28 Feb 2021, 18:10

Don't thank me until it works !
I just made some tests for me and for what I need + my custom 012 LCD with special chars. Tried to upload the bin for Wemos D1 mini using the tool & OTA and both worked so I'm pleased with myself. :mrgreen:

garnold
Normal user

#7 Post by garnold » 01 Mar 2021, 14:24

OK, I had no idea the extent of what could be included in a build! Here's the deal, all I need are these...
  • servo
    switch
    generic http
    generic http advanced
Rather then sending the doc back to you, could you please just create a build with these item? Now that I see all the options, I really need to learn how to create my own builds. Is there a video or some instructions on how to do this? Thanks!

garnold
Normal user

#8 Post by garnold » 01 Mar 2021, 14:26

I just found this guide but it's on the older wiki. Still current?

https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... platformio

TD-er
Core team member

#9 Post by TD-er » 01 Mar 2021, 14:30

Probably not.
I once made a short video on how to install VS code + PlatformIO so you can build an ESPEasy yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArqwMcY ... Noorlander

I still need to make a follow-up on that for the next steps, but at least it is enough to prepare your system for building it.

Grumpf
Normal user

#10 Post by Grumpf » 01 Mar 2021, 14:40

You can find the instructions here :
https://espeasy.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... noIDE.html
I can also simply share my entire portable Espeasy as it's only free material. You unzip and run the main exe then specify the boards, that should work like that.

Meanwhile, I added your requirements to mine so you'll see some devices you can add that you don't need but that won't harm. First let's see if it works and if yes, I can cleanup the build or add some plugins you'll prefer.

Meanwhile :
Garnold.7z
(492.08 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

garnold
Normal user

#11 Post by garnold » 09 Mar 2021, 14:36

Grumpf wrote: 01 Mar 2021, 14:40 You can find the instructions here :
https://espeasy.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... noIDE.html
I can also simply share my entire portable Espeasy as it's only free material. You unzip and run the main exe then specify the boards, that should work like that.

Meanwhile, I added your requirements to mine so you'll see some devices you can add that you don't need but that won't harm. First let's see if it works and if yes, I can cleanup the build or add some plugins you'll prefer.

Meanwhile :

Garnold.7z
Thank you very much Grumpf for this build. Sorry it has taken so long to test this and get back to you. I'm in the middle of a IoT POC for work and converting most of my machines over to Ubuntu here in my office so my schedule has been swamped. Your build worked just fine. I have both servo control and the http adv controller needed so big thanks!

I would like to ask you for your support in setting me up with my own build system. I now need RFID control and have read (in another one of my posts) that the support I need will need require another build. It's clearly time for me to learn how to do this. ESPEasy is becoming a big part of my IoT POC projects now so I need to be able to create sensors with the features I need. Is this something you might be able to walk me through please?

garnold
Normal user

#12 Post by garnold » 09 Mar 2021, 14:37

Just so you know, I'm watching your video now so that might be all I need plus your files you mentions ;-)

garnold
Normal user

#13 Post by garnold » 09 Mar 2021, 14:57

WOW! I just followed your video and actually built my first firmware :-) Your video was perfect and I thank you very much! I can't wait till you do the follow up and show us how to customize the build.

Grumpf
Normal user

#14 Post by Grumpf » 09 Mar 2021, 15:05

garnold wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 14:36
Thank you very much Grumpf for this build. Sorry it has taken so long to test this and get back to you. I'm in the middle of a IoT POC for work and converting most of my machines over to Ubuntu here in my office so my schedule has been swamped. Your build worked just fine. I have both servo control and the http adv controller needed so big thanks!

I would like to ask you for your support in setting me up with my own build system. I now need RFID control and have read (in another one of my posts) that the support I need will need require another build. It's clearly time for me to learn how to do this. ESPEasy is becoming a big part of my IoT POC projects now so I need to be able to create sensors with the features I need. Is this something you might be able to walk me through please?
You're welcome ! I'm switching to Domoticz on VSphere, it's a lot faster than on a Pi but it means I need to go to every of my node to change controller. So feature request : replace controller IP on all nodes of an Espeasy P2P network, that'll be great !

I'm glad you managed to build your own .bin thanks to TD-ER video. Should you need my services again (I imagine you fixed the RFID plugin need since), don't hesitate (humbly).

TD-er
Core team member

#15 Post by TD-er » 09 Mar 2021, 15:12

Grumpf wrote: 09 Mar 2021, 15:05 [...]
You're welcome ! I'm switching to Domoticz on VSphere, it's a lot faster than on a Pi but it means I need to go to every of my node to change controller. So feature request : replace controller IP on all nodes of an Espeasy P2P network, that'll be great !
[...]
You could define a DNS hostname, as that's somewhat intended for changes like these :)

Grumpf
Normal user

#16 Post by Grumpf » 09 Mar 2021, 15:49

Burned...

It's true of course, I was more thinking about a way (and maybe you got that already and I haven't seen it yet) to propagate some setting to all the nodes like new domain name. For example, the syslog is still by IP etc.

Not really important, just something to keep in mind.