Esp easy on Domoticz with public IP [Solved]

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

5ko
Normal user

Esp easy on Domoticz with public IP [Solved]

#1 Post by 5ko » 28 Feb 2016, 20:06

Hello,esp easy is awesome and all congratulations on the project. As a beginner I have one question .... While everything was working in local network, everything was fine .... Because I want to have more esp easy module at various locations I put Domoticz on a static/public ip address but from there ESP Easy module dont work,if in esp easy module put port 6144 than see in server log " Incoming Domoticz connection from: 109.92.75.87" but nothing happens .. .I have no extra skils with network configuration like VPn,VPS, tuneling .... I'm a beginner that you have a simple solution or am I missing something...
Thanks
Last edited by 5ko on 12 Apr 2016, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

chrille
Normal user

Re: Esp easy on Domoticz with public IP

#2 Post by chrille » 29 Feb 2016, 08:19

5ko wrote:Hello,esp easy is awesome and all congratulations on the project. As a beginner I have one question .... While everything was working in local network, everything was fine .... Because I want to have more esp easy module at various locations I put Domoticz on a static/public ip address but from there ESP Easy module dont work,if in esp easy module put port 6144 than see in server log " Incoming Domoticz connection from: 109.92.75.87" but nothing happens .. .I have no extra skils with network configuration like VPn,VPS, tuneling .... I'm a beginner that you have a simple solution or am I missing something...
Thanks
Public IP adresses are not magic in any way! From a network perspective they work just like private IP's (RFC1918) - the only difference is whether the adresses are unique and routable over the Internet. Your question should probably be if there's any special requirements for making the software work with sending/receiving from another subnet - and the answer is "no"! Of course you need to define netmask and default gateway correctly. If you're using the NTP feature or submitting to thinkspeak, you're already relying on this.
All of my EPS8266 modules (with ESPeasy and other software) are all connected to public IP adresses, and the modules are reachable over the Internet (with firewall filtering in place!)

As for my domoticz server - it's also connected to public IP

- Jan
Jan Chrillesen, Denmark

5ko
Normal user

#3 Post by 5ko » 29 Feb 2016, 09:44

Thank you for taking the time that you have to answer my question, but until I progressed in my knowledge of internet communications to simplify the question .... Do in each location where I have esp easy I must to have a Domoticz server configured as a slave or ESP-easy can work independently like Thingspeak protocol or NTP?
Thank you.
Regards.
Petko

chrille
Normal user

#4 Post by chrille » 29 Feb 2016, 16:10

5ko wrote:Thank you for taking the time that you have to answer my question, but until I progressed in my knowledge of internet communications to simplify the question .... Do in each location where I have esp easy I must to have a Domoticz server configured as a slave or ESP-easy can work independently like Thingspeak protocol or NTP?
ESPeasy can work totally standalone, if you just want to look at the data captured from the various sensors connected. Often you want to visualize the data, and for that you need some kind of external software. You can send the data to a home automation system, like Domoticz, OpenHAB or PiDome, or you can feed the data to a MQTT broker or to Thingspeak. MQTT brokers doesn't do any presentation of data, so unless you're already familiar with MQTT, that's not what you want! Thingspeak is a generic service to visualize internet-of-thing devices, and very easy to interface with

As for domoticz - there's several interfaces. The interface running on port 6144 is specifically used to connect several domoticz instances, and is not compatible with ESPeasy. Unless you run multiple domoticz servers, that share's data, you're never going to use this. You either want to use the JSON API, that's running on the same port as the domoticz GUI, or feed domoticz from a MQTT broker.

Try reading this article in the wiki for more info on how ESPeasy and Domoticz works together: http://www.esp8266.nu/index.php/Tutoria ... icz_Switch

- Jan
Jan Chrillesen, Denmark

5ko
Normal user

#5 Post by 5ko » 29 Feb 2016, 18:16

Thank you to JAN, is really the answer I was looking for. Thanks for the tutorial proposed but like I said everything I read and tried and everything works in the local network just hoping that there is compatibility between the Domoticz server and ESP Easy on port 6144 for which you have said that there is no compatibility. Now the last question because I see that you are familiar with the matter. Is it the team that developed the ESP Easy a big problem to add that compatibility because I tried ESP Easy on port 6144 from other location and the DOMOTICZ server sees ESP Easy on port 6144 and prints
server log " Incoming Domoticz connection from: 109.92.75.XX".....
Thanks in advice
Petko

5ko
Normal user

#6 Post by 5ko » 01 Mar 2016, 11:51

Test 2: If in the settings of domoticz server enter the IP address of the remote location then ESP-Easy working completely normally on port 8080 without NAT and port redirects in the router at a remote location ... So the conclusion is that everything is working from remote locations but due to dynamic addresses of remote locations this is a short time or if the ESP-Easy comes from another set of IP Domoticz server search for user / pass and is now the question of whether can in the ESP-Easy insert optional user / pass if ESP-Easy wants to communicate with Domoticz server from remote location.
Thanks if anyone interested about communication in model ESP-Easy standalone with Domoticz server on different IP address in simply way without to many settings in router microtic and so on....
I would be very grateful for the advice.
Regards
Petko

chrille
Normal user

#7 Post by chrille » 01 Mar 2016, 14:33

5ko wrote:Test 2: If in the settings of domoticz server enter the IP address of the remote location then ESP-Easy working completely normally on port 8080 without NAT and port redirects in the router at a remote location ... So the conclusion is that everything is working from remote locations but due to dynamic addresses of remote locations this is a short time or if the ESP-Easy comes from another set of IP Domoticz server search for user / pass and is now the question of whether can in the ESP-Easy insert optional user / pass if ESP-Easy wants to communicate with Domoticz server from remote location.
Yes, it's possible to configure domoticz to require a username/password - however, I think this is a domoticz specific question, and should be asked in the domoticz forum
Jan Chrillesen, Denmark

5ko
Normal user

#8 Post by 5ko » 01 Mar 2016, 17:06

Yes JAN , Domoticz server require a username/password if you not input IP for local networks in settnigs of Domoticz...So right question is can anyone to help me to made changes in _C001.ino that ESP-Easy send user/password to log in Domoticz...I hope you understand me....
User/pass needed because all will be on internet not local (intranet)
Thanks

maluko
Normal user

#9 Post by maluko » 01 Mar 2016, 18:27

+ 1

5ko
Normal user

Re: Esp easy on Domoticz with public IP [Solved]

#10 Post by 5ko » 12 Apr 2016, 16:16

Thank you. Solved since version:
#54 - HTTP Authentication on Domoticz (R85)