Hello from Switzerland

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

lucaberta
Normal user

Hello from Switzerland

#1 Post by lucaberta » 09 May 2016, 18:15

Hi everyone,

it's Luca from the French-speaking part of Switzerland, close to Lausanne.

I have discovered ESPEasy yesterday and immediately started to play with the R78 binaries, and today I was able to compile and run R105.

I see great potential, and am curious to experiment more. Great stuff so far, congratulations!

Ciao, Luca

BertB
Normal user

Re: Hello from Switzerland

#2 Post by BertB » 19 May 2016, 19:44

Hi Luca
Welcome here

Dylantje
Normal user

#3 Post by Dylantje » 20 May 2016, 17:54

Hello...

Try Domoticz with the esp...
You like this !!

lucaberta
Normal user

#4 Post by lucaberta » 21 May 2016, 00:38

BertB wrote:Hi Luca
Welcome here
thanks BertB! --Luca

lucaberta
Normal user

#5 Post by lucaberta » 21 May 2016, 00:40

Dylantje wrote:Hello...

Try Domoticz with the esp...
You like this !!
thanks Dylantje, so far I have been playing a bit with MQTT and NodeRED but have not done any other experiments, I will definitely need to try Domoticz!

Luca

Dylantje
Normal user

#6 Post by Dylantje » 21 May 2016, 00:48

Domoticz is simple and have a lot of protocols
when you understand ESPeasy with MQTT and Domoticz should work

CoolWombat
Normal user

#7 Post by CoolWombat » 15 Jun 2016, 13:39

Hey Luca, welcome!

You should also have a look at OpenHAB if you get the chance. I started with Domoticz initially but switched to OpenHAB because of the ability to create fairly nice user interface which you can use via a web browser or an app on Android or IOS. It's definitely a steeper learning curve to get going than Domoticz, but I think it's well worth it.

lucaberta
Normal user

#8 Post by lucaberta » 15 Jun 2016, 23:26

CoolWombat wrote:Hey Luca, welcome!

You should also have a look at OpenHAB if you get the chance. I started with Domoticz initially but switched to OpenHAB because of the ability to create fairly nice user interface which you can use via a web browser or an app on Android or IOS. It's definitely a steeper learning curve to get going than Domoticz, but I think it's well worth it.
thanks CoolWombat!

To be honest, I was leaning towards Domoticz at first, but then held things still for a while due to other commitments which were keeping me busy, and when I came back to this forum I found more hints favouring OpenHab rather than Domoticz.

Having the possibility to create a nice UI is a must, considering that I would also like to have my wife do something with it. She's no geek, and though I finally convinced to drop her Blackberry and move to the iPad and iPhone, she is not a power user!

So I am leaning more towards OpenHab at this time, and will definitely move in that direction, together with some code running on Node-RED, which I am just beginning to look into and appreciate.

Thanks again for your kind words, and I will see you around the forum!

Ciao, Luca

dynamicdave
Normal user

#9 Post by dynamicdave » 31 Jan 2017, 16:22

Hi to Luca,
I've just joined the forum after discovering ESP Easy - great piece of software/tools.
Are you still using Node-Red as that is my current platform (running on a Raspberry Pi) ?
I've managed to get a few ESP8266-based nodes (i.e. Witty and WeMos) running with MQTT and Node-Red
The one that is causing me grief is talking to an LCD panel connected to a WeMos R1 via I2C.
I would be really interested to hear if you have managed to do this.

Kind regards from David in the UK.

lucaberta
Normal user

#10 Post by lucaberta » 17 Apr 2017, 18:28

dynamicdave wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 16:22 Hi to Luca,
hi Dave, apologies for the very much belated answer, but I have not been active at all over here for quite some time, but now I am back, and happy to see the new developments which have taken place.
dynamicdave wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 16:22I've just joined the forum after discovering ESP Easy - great piece of software/tools.
indeed, it's a very flexible piece of software, and I have come to appreciate it even more after playing a bit with Espurna, which is great in his own way, but lacks the flexibility of ESPEasy.
dynamicdave wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 16:22Are you still using Node-Red as that is my current platform (running on a Raspberry Pi) ?
I am, even more so these days as I have revamped my setup and am starting to play also with InfluxDB and Grafana. They all work nicely on a Raspberry Pi!
dynamicdave wrote: 31 Jan 2017, 16:22I've managed to get a few ESP8266-based nodes (i.e. Witty and WeMos) running with MQTT and Node-Red
The one that is causing me grief is talking to an LCD panel connected to a WeMos R1 via I2C.
I would be really interested to hear if you have managed to do this.
I have been successful in making an LCD and OLED display work over I2C, it took some effort but in the end I made it happen.

I have had issues with SPI displays, and had to order new ones specifically configured for I2C.

Maybe by now you have sorted out your issues, but please do let me know if I can be of any help.

Best regards,

Luca