Hello from the Netherlands

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Jazzle
Normal user

Hello from the Netherlands

#1 Post by Jazzle » 07 Mar 2017, 12:18

Hello,

my name is Jasper. I am new to this forum and have just posted my first item (in the unsupported hardware section).

So far I have played around with Raspberry Pi's controlling my telescope mount and camera, a PineA64 and now seem to have found my new best hobby, Domoticz (& radio!).

It started with my smoke detectors since i have a dog; when smoke is detected in my house while my dog is there but i am not, i want to be notified immediately. So i bought an RFXcom and 433MHz smoke detectors (KD101) and ran Domoticz on a spare RPi.
The house we bought last year already had a not functioning Elro alarm system with a.o. PIR's, remotes and door contacts at 868MHz. Hence i got a 868MHz RFlink & Arduino which was a good excuse to do a little soldering again. I am now hoping the alarm system items will be implemented in the RFLink firmware.

I discover new items of interest related to domotica daily. One of my last fascinating "discoveries" is the large amount of data being transmitted around the house, mostly by neighbours; wheather stations, lighting etcetera, power meters etc.

Anyway, i am sure there is much more food for thought over here :)
Domoticz @ Raspberry Pi 3 - RFXcom @ 433MHz - RFLink @ 868MHZ - ESP8266