Grumpf, well *cough* humbly

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Grumpf
Normal user

Grumpf, well *cough* humbly

#1 Post by Grumpf » 06 May 2017, 00:31

Hi Guys,

TL;DR:
Homeseer let me down by removing their licensing server thus preventing my highly paid home automation system to work, at least the part using the RFXCOM. So I swapped to Domoticz and being an Arduino fan I naturally explored the Wemos and learned about the community here.

--------------------------------------------------

Long story: Homeseer shut down without warning the licensing server required to activate the RFXCom plugin eveytime it reboots, they didn't wanted to solve my issue by, for example, giving me a way to activate offline for good so I went the long path and learned about Raspi, Domoticz etc. Was tinkering with PICs a long time ago and tried again with Arduino. So basically, geek geek geek Arduino, Wemos, Domitcz, Raspberry, Eagle, Sensors etc. :?

Objective is to build some universals modules to interact with home automation system to fit my needs. After only a few days, thanks to the extraordinary work of you people I'm already past POC and going to prototyping... I really hope I can contribute in any way with my baby knowledge of EasyESP. :geek:

Hope I will, one day, give back 1% of what I took from here.
Cheers ! :mrgreen:

toffel969
Normal user

Re: Grumpf, well *cough* humbly

#2 Post by toffel969 » 06 May 2017, 12:47

Grumpf wrote: 06 May 2017, 00:31 Hi Guys,

TL;DR:
Homeseer let me down by removing their licensing server thus preventing my highly paid home automation system to work, at least the part using the RFXCOM. So I swapped to Domoticz and being an Arduino fan I naturally explored the Wemos and learned about the community here.

--------------------------------------------------

Long story: Homeseer shut down without warning the licensing server required to activate the RFXCom plugin eveytime it reboots, they didn't wanted to solve my issue by, for example, giving me a way to activate offline for good so I went the long path and learned about Raspi, Domoticz etc. Was tinkering with PICs a long time ago and tried again with Arduino. So basically, geek geek geek Arduino, Wemos, Domitcz, Raspberry, Eagle, Sensors etc. :?

Objective is to build some universals modules to interact with home automation system to fit my needs. After only a few days, thanks to the extraordinary work of you people I'm already past POC and going to prototyping... I really hope I can contribute in any way with my baby knowledge of EasyESP. :geek:

Hope I will, one day, give back 1% of what I took from here.
Cheers ! :mrgreen:
If ever you get stuck don't hesitate (after extensive use of wiki and forum search of course :ugeek: ) to ask here on the forum, we are always trying to help
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8