Greetings from Poland

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

bartowl
New user

Greetings from Poland

#1 Post by bartowl » 01 Dec 2018, 22:17

Hello,

I'm a big friend of this project and use it since some time now. Not really productive but rather as proof of concept and sandbox. I recently discovered the mega branch and like it very much. It is way more stable than the legacy version which sometime liked to hang. This was a no-go for embedded projects to be installed with only OTA access for updates.
I currently work on integration of home automation with coal stove driver from a polisch company Tech. This driver is really sophisticated, as it supports an modified version of rs232 and allows controlling of setpoints, practically all settings and gathering status information regarding all sensors attached, all actors (feeder, fan etc). For home automation I used to use Domoticz (this is how I got to ESPEasy), but currently switch over to FHEM. It might not have so easy starting curve as Domoticz, but is way more powerfull. After discovering that there is a driver for ESPEasy in official FHEM build, and an FHEM controller in new version od mega firmware this seems to be my platform to go!
What I love from FHEM is - many readings in one device. It is a bit sad, that the way FHEM Module is implemented creates device for each device not for each ESPEasy instance... This is not fully compliant with FHEM ideology. But it is better than nothing.
I also joined patreon especially because of this project because I see it goes in very good direction. I know this is a though decision having day jobs, that way even more respect for you guys and all the Community!
I forked the project on Github, when the Tech module will be done I will create a pull request.

grovkillen
Core team member

Re: Greetings from Poland

#2 Post by grovkillen » 01 Dec 2018, 22:33

Wow, thank your for your kind words and sponsoring us on a monthly basis! I'm looking forward to see your PR :D
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea: