DS18B20 Temperature sensor - missing/wrong infos at Wiki

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

rmr
New user

DS18B20 Temperature sensor - missing/wrong infos at Wiki

#1 Post by rmr » 18 Nov 2016, 18:10

Hi,
I am just beginning to work with esp easy. According to the wiki (http://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index ... tureSensor) I tried to connect a Dallas temperature sensor 18B20 to GPIO02 of a ESPO8266-1 Board.
In the wiki there was a picture of the "Task-Settings" -section of the esp easy menu, but the sensor shown is not a temperature sensor but a pulse counter ???
I used 18B20 sensors further in a project and so I know, that they have an 8 Byte individual serial number. In the "Task Settings" menu there is a posibillity to enter a number in the IDX/Var-section but it is impossible to enter a hex-number. Also I think the Dallas-Library is able to handle the sensors without having to enter the serial number of each sensor.

What Values are to insert at the Sections "IDX/var" and "Device Nr"?
How to use multiple sensors?

maluko
Normal user

Re: DS18B20 Temperature sensor - missing/wrong infos at Wiki

#2 Post by maluko » 18 Nov 2016, 20:14

IDX are the number of sensor on the controller like domoticz to send value from espeasy to controller.

i have 3 temp ds18b20 working good, each one have a resistor 4k7.

on espeasy you have to add temperature- ds18b20 on devices, if you have 3 that means you have to add 3 temperature- ds18b20 devices.

next have put what GPIO you connect the data wire, affter that click submit.

after submit will appear on "Device Nr:" all ds18b20 hex adress that you have to choose, remenber 1 each device.

rmr
New user

Re: DS18B20 Temperature sensor - missing/wrong infos at Wiki

#3 Post by rmr » 18 Nov 2016, 22:08

hi maluko,
thank you for your prompt answer. After trying a few times as you told I changed the sensor and wow!!!
Everything is running fine.