Feature Request collection/list

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

beic
Normal user

Re: Feature Request collection/list

#151 Post by beic » 14 Nov 2016, 22:51

StephenF wrote:Feature Request; Day/Time Dummy (or Variable)

Hi, I will appreciate the addition of a Day/Time Dummy device. I would like to send a Day/Time for the rules at a specific time via MQTT preferably.

E.g.

On Clock#Time=[Dummy1#DayTime1] do // Irrigation starts at the defined time, e.g. "Mon,08:00"
gpio,14,1
endon
Wrong category to request! ;)

reddo
New user

#152 Post by reddo » 27 Nov 2016, 00:56

Feature request :

A PID controller with a PWM output, where also a minimal 'on' time can be set for the PWM so it can be used also for controlling boilers for heating (with normal unrestricted PWM it will pulse very quickly, which is fine for an electric heater but not for a gas fired one)

If implementend, an ESP8266 can be a very simple and flexible smart thermostat using a DS18B20 !
Last edited by reddo on 12 Dec 2016, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

loicwyn
New user

#153 Post by loicwyn » 30 Nov 2016, 17:48

Hello guys,
Do you plan to support video & audio record on ESPEasy ? I think it might be a chalenge in term of HW capabilities to support that.
I would love to have this feature on ESP8266.

hvdwolf
Normal user

#154 Post by hvdwolf » 02 Dec 2016, 16:04

Flexible programmable deep sleep possible?
(This is a rewrite of another post, which I now deleted, as I had not seen this collection list)

what I would like is the following: deep sleep from 07:00-23:00, active from 23:00 to 07:00 (of course time frame adjustable).
I want to use this for a PIR motion sensor system which shouldn't do anything during daytime. I can leave the ESP "on" during daytime but I prefer to have it to sleep to use as little energy as possible.

I have already found that deep sleep on the ESP is held by a uint32_t, with a max value of 4,294,967,295 microseconds which is slightly over 1 hour. Some people/posts report it sometimes doesn't work like a uint but like an int being 31 bits, so slightly over half an hour. I assume that's an error in software or hardware implementations, but actually I don't know.
So a direct option for "my demands" is not possible. I have seen posts on using an external RTC, or something like having the esp wake up every 60 minutes, update a counter, and go back to sleep.

What I am thinking off is more in the rules section.

There are time based rules so I wanted to know if something is possible like :

Code: Select all

On Clock#Time=All,07:00 do // every day at 07:00 hours do ...
 "set esp easy to deep sleep and wake up every 30 minutes to check the time"
endon

On Clock#Time=All,23:00 do // every day at 23:00 hours do ...
 "get esp easy from deep sleep and switch on necessary functions"
endon
But that would also require a flexible programmable deep sleep. Is that possible?

As a reference: Espimatic, another ESP8266 ino, uses a variable "backdoor" that can be checked and read/set. On every wakeup this value is checked/read in pimatic from a variable but could be initiated to other controllers using the protocols, or via rules on "this" or another espeasy. It will also help preventing you from "bricking" an espeasy: simply toggle the variable on your controller and the esp stays awake. This specific code can be found here.

Elektrofreak
Normal user

#155 Post by Elektrofreak » 03 Jan 2017, 08:14

hvdwolf wrote:Flexible programmable deep sleep possible?
(This is a rewrite of another post, which I now deleted, as I had not seen this collection list)

what I would like is the following: deep sleep from 07:00-23:00, active from 23:00 to 07:00 (of course time frame adjustable).
I want to use this for a PIR motion sensor system which shouldn't do anything during daytime. I can leave the ESP "on" during daytime but I prefer to have it to sleep to use as little energy as possible.

I have already found that deep sleep on the ESP is held by a uint32_t, with a max value of 4,294,967,295 microseconds which is slightly over 1 hour. Some people/posts report it sometimes doesn't work like a uint but like an int being 31 bits, so slightly over half an hour. I assume that's an error in software or hardware implementations, but actually I don't know.
So a direct option for "my demands" is not possible. I have seen posts on using an external RTC, or something like having the esp wake up every 60 minutes, update a counter, and go back to sleep.

What I am thinking off is more in the rules section.

There are time based rules so I wanted to know if something is possible like :

On Clock#Time=All,07:00 do // every day at 07:00 hours do ...
 "set esp easy to deep sleep and wake up every 30 minutes to check the time"
endon

On Clock#Time=All,23:00 do // every day at 23:00 hours do ...
 "get esp easy from deep sleep and switch on necessary functions"
endon
But that would also require a flexible programmable deep sleep. Is that possible?

As a reference: Espimatic, another ESP8266 ino, uses a variable "backdoor" that can be checked and read/set. On every wakeup this value is checked/read in pimatic from a variable but could be initiated to other controllers using the protocols, or via rules on "this" or another espeasy. It will also help preventing you from "bricking" an espeasy: simply toggle the variable on your controller and the esp stays awake. This specific code can be found here.
This is what I need too! In my case it would be okay to manually trigger the deep sleep from external (e.g. via Plugin or HTTP) or to dis-/enable it with a command.

wrbrower
New user

#156 Post by wrbrower » 26 Feb 2017, 16:24

In the ESP Easy firmware it would be nice if the IP address of the ESP was dumped out the serial port on boot up after the IP address is assigned.
I am stuck with a cable modem router and it takes a long time to look up the IP address of a newly configured ESP Easy device after doing the initial 192.168.4.1 set up.

Thanks!

paxi
Normal user

#157 Post by paxi » 26 Feb 2017, 18:37

Typing "settings" doesn't do that? I don't use serial that much...

Also after the initial setup in AP mode you see the new IP in a link that takes you right to the "full" webinterface. Assign a fixed IP from there and you'll never have to touch you router.

pwassink
Normal user

#158 Post by pwassink » 02 Mar 2017, 00:13

paxi wrote:Typing "settings" doesn't do that? I don't use serial that much...

Also after the initial setup in AP mode you see the new IP in a link that takes you right to the "full" webinterface. Assign a fixed IP from there and you'll never have to touch you router.
Yes, but only when typed with a capital : Settings as input within the Serial connection from the Arduino IDE
it will tell you the most things you were looking for ..

paxi
Normal user

#159 Post by paxi » 02 Mar 2017, 08:13

I still don't see the need for your request.

You need that information only once, right?
Why should a (admittedly small) delay be introduced in the boot process that isn't needed in 99.9% of cases?
Just to save you typing a single word while sitting at the console anyways - to get something that's shown in the web UI also?

psy0rz
Normal user

#160 Post by psy0rz » 04 Mar 2017, 13:38

wrbrower wrote:In the ESP Easy firmware it would be nice if the IP address of the ESP was dumped out the serial port on boot up after the IP address is assigned.
I am stuck with a cable modem router and it takes a long time to look up the IP address of a newly configured ESP Easy device after doing the initial 192.168.4.1 set up.

Thanks!
this is already implemented in espeasy version 2. :)
Please support ESPEasy development via Patreon or buy us a coffee.

Shardan
Normal user

#161 Post by Shardan » 04 Mar 2017, 13:46

wrbrower wrote:In the ESP Easy firmware it would be nice if the IP address of the ESP was dumped out the serial port on boot up after the IP address is assigned.

Thanks!
This is implemented in ESPEasy V2

Anyways if you need to look up the IP addresses in your network you
may use an IP scanner. Here the "Angry IP Scanner" is used for that.
Maybe give it a try under http://angryip.org

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

AndrewZ
Normal user

#162 Post by AndrewZ » 06 Mar 2017, 20:11

Hope this is the right place to ask.
Will be great to have version number available via MQTT, the same way as RSSI and Uptime.
Many thanks to psy0rz for v2!

Domosapiens
Normal user

Re: Feature Request collection/list: A4988 stepper motor driver module

#163 Post by Domosapiens » 07 Mar 2017, 00:22

I kindly request support for the A4988 stepper motor driver module.
https://www.pololu.com/product/1182

Simple control:
- select direction (DIR pin)
- give a number of pulses (STEP pin)

(also applicable for DRV8825, DRV8834 and generic two-pin (DIR/STEP) stepper motor drivers)

Cost €0.73, bought here:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-lot ... Title=true

- the A4988 has a translator for step modes: one pulse,one step.
- select 1 out of 5 step modes (I suggest a hardwired choice: selector inputs pin MS1, MS2, and MS3)
- the Vreff adjustment enables Voltage/Current limitation to adapt to different stepper motors.

There is an AccelStepper library for Arduino
with automatic acceleration and de-acceleration capabilities.

This would be a great contribution to the ESPEasy Actuators capability !
Thank in advance,
Domosapiens

Reference:
https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/vie ... per#p12052
https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/vie ... per#p11668
https://github.com/laurb9/StepperDriver
30+ ESP units for production and test. Ranging from control of heating equipment, flow sensing, floor temp sensing, energy calculation, floor thermostat, water usage, to an interactive "fun box" for my grandson. Mainly Wemos D1.

ohuf
New user

#164 Post by ohuf » 07 Mar 2017, 23:29

#1 - Please obfuscate ALL passwords on the config tab - not only the WiFiKey, but also the admin password and the "WPA AP mode key"

#2 - Make it possible to change the admin password from the console command line.

#3 - CONTINUE MAKING THE MOST INTERESTING CONFIG INTERFACES FOR THE ESP8266 !!! :-)

Thank you !!!!!!

beic
Normal user

#165 Post by beic » 07 Mar 2017, 23:37

ohuf wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 23:29 #1 - Please obfuscate ALL passwords on the config tab - not only the WiFiKey, but also the admin password and the "WPA AP mode key"

#2 - Make it possible to change the admin password from the console command line.

#3 - CONTINUE MAKING THE MOST INTERESTING CONFIG INTERFACES FOR THE ESP8266 !!! :-)

Thank you !!!!!!
Thumb for that and also obfuscate the Controller Password field too! ;)

NetEye
Normal user

Missing formula field HC-SR04 distance sensor

#166 Post by NetEye » 14 Mar 2017, 15:34

I' am wondering if it is possible to get an formula field in the device edit page of the distance sensor HC-SR04 to correct the value a bit.
In my case I want to use it as an depth sensor.
Due to solfe the "20cm blind spot" by re-place the sensor and enter a formula to correct the height, for example with: %value%-25

bobbybeans
Normal user

#167 Post by bobbybeans » 14 Mar 2017, 16:23

beic wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 23:37
ohuf wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 23:29 #1 - Please obfuscate ALL passwords on the config tab - not only the WiFiKey, but also the admin password and the "WPA AP mode key"

Thank you !!!!!!
thumbs up on this as well . this has been a glaring exploit and very bad as many peoples autofill save the non password fields which then saves this. now it can be scraped for passwords from an attacker

JR01
Normal user

Re: Feature Request collection/list: OAuth2 authentication

#168 Post by JR01 » 14 Mar 2017, 19:01

Today I saw a demo of the newish SAP IoT workbench on SAP Cloud Platform, (HCP renamed). They showed the creation of a sensor process, targeted for bus users, where an OAuth token is created for the thing, this then is cut and pasted into the thing's, setup, then communcates through mqtt to the sap platform.

Maybe we should have such a option to remove uid / pwd, but OAuth token based authentication for the thing to communcate to backend?
-----------
IOTPLAY. Tinkerer, my projects are @ http://GitHub.com/IoTPlay, and blog https://iotplay.org. Using RPi, Node-Red, ESP8266 to prove Industry 4.0 concepts.

bobbybeans
Normal user

#169 Post by bobbybeans » 14 Mar 2017, 20:17

bobbybeans wrote: 14 Mar 2017, 16:23
beic wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 23:37

Thank you !!!!!!
thumbs up on this as well . this has been a glaring exploit and very bad as many peoples autofill save the non password fields which then saves this. now it can be scraped for passwords from an attacker
Edit, I have build 147 and it now looks like its hidden in a standard password field however still not secure, if you go and inspect the element with any basic debugger it shows you the password [img][
Please see the picture the standard google inspect agent can get the password back
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (195.77 KiB) Viewed 31669 times

psy0rz
Normal user

#170 Post by psy0rz » 14 Mar 2017, 21:26

We COULD fix this, but then there are still countless other issues that need to be solved to make it really secure.

For example: We use http instead of https. Its possible to download the configfile, which contain the unhashed password as well. And there is a lot of functionality that is not password protected at all for various reasons.

If you're concerned about just the password, somebody should add a hash function to store the password securely. (but then still no https)

Otherwise just use a less important password.

I think the password protection is just there to prevent accidental modification by ignorant users that dont know whats going on. (family/co workers). Its not ment to be really secure.

Edwin
Please support ESPEasy development via Patreon or buy us a coffee.

bobbybeans
Normal user

#171 Post by bobbybeans » 15 Mar 2017, 13:16

lol touche
didn't even think of that as I was writing that however in the past I thought of that
but from what I read the https would increase the load on the tiny esp? right? as it has to decode /encode the certs

BertB
Normal user

#172 Post by BertB » 26 Mar 2017, 15:03

Is it possible to automate the setting of the DST bit?
It is not a secret when Daylight Saving Time starts and ends, so why not make the ESPEasy jump to summertime and back when the DST box is checked?

paxi
Normal user

#173 Post by paxi » 26 Mar 2017, 22:39

+1!

AndrewJ
Normal user

#174 Post by AndrewJ » 26 Mar 2017, 22:48

+1

wrbrower
New user

#175 Post by wrbrower » 27 Mar 2017, 04:35

So appreciated!
Shardan wrote: 04 Mar 2017, 13:46

Thanks!
This is implemented in ESPEasy V2

Anyways if you need to look up the IP addresses in your network you
may use an IP scanner. Here the "Angry IP Scanner" is used for that.
Maybe give it a try under http://angryip.org

Regards
Shardan

Ton_vN
Normal user

#176 Post by Ton_vN » 27 Mar 2017, 18:05

At installation of the 'Mega-firmware' I have checked the box for DST, but starting 25th of March I don't see the expected 1hour-shift in time:
display in ESPEasy of Systemtime is still 'wintertime'.
Any additional action required, or need to wait a while till the default NTP-server switches time?

Shardan
Normal user

#177 Post by Shardan » 27 Mar 2017, 21:16

Ton_vN wrote: 27 Mar 2017, 18:05 At installation of the 'Mega-firmware' I have checked the box for DST, but starting 25th of March I don't see the expected 1hour-shift in time:
display in ESPEasy of Systemtime is still 'wintertime'.
Any additional action required, or need to wait a while till the default NTP-server switches time?
NTP servers usually do not send DST - they give the UTC only as they are usable worldwide.
So your device (ESP, PC, Laptop... whatever) has to take care of things like time zones and DST.

The advanced settings give you a possibility to adjust your time zone with "Timezone offset".
If you check the "DST" box it will simply add one hour (remember a display has a delay setting,
you have to wait until it refreshes to see the change).

I'd appreciate an automatic setting too - that's what this request is about.

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

Ton_vN
Normal user

#178 Post by Ton_vN » 28 Mar 2017, 09:26

My 'problem' is that the DST-box has been checked, but the extra hour is not added!
Local manipulation of time-offset should not be required to get the difference between Wintertime and Summertime.

Shardan
Normal user

#179 Post by Shardan » 28 Mar 2017, 12:14

Ton_vN wrote: 28 Mar 2017, 09:26 My 'problem' is that the DST-box has been checked, but the extra hour is not added!
Local manipulation of time-offset should not be required to get the difference between Wintertime and Summertime.
Which Version of ESPEasy do you run?

I've checked with R148 yesterday evening and it adds the hour when DST is checked, and vice versa.
On a LCD or OLED this change is visible with the next delay cycle so it may take a while.
On the main page of the ESP item it should be visible immediately.

Please note, that an automatic DST switching ist not built into ESPEasy at this time.
For changing between summertime and wintertime you have to check the DST box in summer and uncheck it for wintertime - manually.

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

JR01
Normal user

Re: Feature Request collection/list: Rules to switch off Wifi

#180 Post by JR01 » 28 Mar 2017, 13:23

Hi, have a pool motor with ESP attached, some distance from my wifi point. I would like the ESP to switch motor on and off, under its own control, and not have the non-availability of the wifi, cause the ESP to reboot etc. What about a rule to switch wifi off, for say up to 6 hrs, and allow local rules based control only ?
-----------
IOTPLAY. Tinkerer, my projects are @ http://GitHub.com/IoTPlay, and blog https://iotplay.org. Using RPi, Node-Red, ESP8266 to prove Industry 4.0 concepts.

Ton_vN
Normal user

#181 Post by Ton_vN » 28 Mar 2017, 15:44

Related to DST.

My version is R146, at this moment just for experiments, not yet for 'serious' application.
;-) Apperently need to upgrade ......

papperone
Normal user

#182 Post by papperone » 30 Mar 2017, 08:10

About DST I'd like to have the possibility to turn it on/off via rules, so it will be easy to have a global MQTT command sent from my server to all nodes to react on DST setting.

What I mean is that I'd like a way to turn DST ON or OFF on all my ESPEasy devices at same time, as it's pointless to have some only, and it's quite annoying to cycle trough all of them 2 times a year.
As well I'm puzzled how the DST should be changed in devices with Deep-Sleep enabled (I don't have any at the moment as I've only experiment with this feature a while ago but not yet used in my real setup)
My TINDIE Store where you can find all ESP8266 boards I manufacture --> https://www.tindie.com/stores/GiovanniCas/
My Wiki Project page with self-made PCB/devices --> https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... :Papperone

mrwee
Normal user

#183 Post by mrwee » 30 Mar 2017, 08:20

papperone wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 08:10 About DST I'd like to have the possibility to turn it on/off via rules, so it will be easy to have a global MQTT command sent from my server to all nodes to react on DST setting.

What I mean is that I'd like a way to turn DST ON or OFF on all my ESPEasy devices at same time, as it's pointless to have some only, and it's quite annoying to cycle trough all of them 2 times a year.
As well I'm puzzled how the DST should be changed in devices with Deep-Sleep enabled (I don't have any at the moment as I've only experiment with this feature a while ago but not yet used in my real setup)
To be honest, that seems like strange feature to me. In my mind NTP incl. DST should work automatically without any user-interaction just like any other NTP enabled device. When your device is in deep-sleep, it deep-sleeps and do not get any DST update. An NTP update should be performed when it takes up.

papperone
Normal user

#184 Post by papperone » 30 Mar 2017, 08:51

mrwee wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 08:20
papperone wrote: 30 Mar 2017, 08:10 About DST I'd like to have the possibility to turn it on/off via rules, so it will be easy to have a global MQTT command sent from my server to all nodes to react on DST setting.

To be honest, that seems like strange feature to me. In my mind NTP incl. DST should work automatically without any user-interaction just like any other NTP enabled device. When your device is in deep-sleep, it deep-sleeps and do not get any DST update. An NTP update should be performed when it takes up.
NTP does not carry DST info as these may vary depending on your country, as it's not starting/ending on the same day across the world and some countries does not even have the DST by law!
So I woudl prefer to control it as I described below as my MQTT Raspberry server is already setup with DST properly and thus I won't overload ESPEasy code to implement full world-wide DST code!
My TINDIE Store where you can find all ESP8266 boards I manufacture --> https://www.tindie.com/stores/GiovanniCas/
My Wiki Project page with self-made PCB/devices --> https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... :Papperone

grovkillen
Core team member

#185 Post by grovkillen » 30 Mar 2017, 13:01

+1

grovkillen
Core team member

#186 Post by grovkillen » 30 Mar 2017, 15:44

I've now come to change my idea about this request with NTP with DST. I simply followed this guide:
https://www.interfacett.com/blogs/creat ... r-windows/
And I now have my MQTT broker and NTP server locally as the same computer and this will work with the DST built into Windows. Problem solved. Just to be sure to have my Windows computer sync with a internet NTP server (I do this with http://www.timesynctool.com/).
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

neykov_t
Normal user

Re: Feature Request collection/list: A4988 stepper motor driver module

#187 Post by neykov_t » 26 May 2017, 16:29

Domosapiens wrote: 07 Mar 2017, 00:22 I kindly request support for the A4988 stepper motor driver module.
https://www.pololu.com/product/1182

Simple control:
- select direction (DIR pin)
- give a number of pulses (STEP pin)

(also applicable for DRV8825, DRV8834 and generic two-pin (DIR/STEP) stepper motor drivers)

Cost €0.73, bought here:
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-lot ... Title=true

- the A4988 has a translator for step modes: one pulse,one step.
- select 1 out of 5 step modes (I suggest a hardwired choice: selector inputs pin MS1, MS2, and MS3)
- the Vreff adjustment enables Voltage/Current limitation to adapt to different stepper motors.

There is an AccelStepper library for Arduino
with automatic acceleration and de-acceleration capabilities.

This would be a great contribution to the ESPEasy Actuators capability !
Thank in advance,
Domosapiens

Reference:
https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/vie ... per#p12052
https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/vie ... per#p11668
https://github.com/laurb9/StepperDriver
+ 1 +1

houk008
New user

#188 Post by houk008 » 31 May 2017, 23:09

Feature-Request: Bridge betwen atmega/arduino/other microcontroller to domoticz via espeasy reading from uart.

Sending from microcontroller named values like
wind=value,gust=value,winddir=value\n
rain=vaule\n
lux=value\n
uv=value\n
lightning=value\n
or any other named value defined by field name and parsed from uart to domoticz idx device.
Of course with ability to deepsleep for minute or more, source device will send values over and over again every one second and esp will wake, read values and send it to domo and go to sleep.

This feature have great potential, from weather stations based on sensor like this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8942 to complex usage with hand made custom solutions.

Or simply please add sparcfun weather station based on documentation to this sensors provided from sparcfun :D.
With esp going to deepsleep to save battery power there is no option for counting gust or rain properly and for that is my idea to read it from uart.

nonflammable
Normal user

#189 Post by nonflammable » 21 Jun 2017, 11:08

bump for GPIO toggle

http://<ESP IP address>/control?cmd=GPIO,<pin>,TOGGLE
#57: https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/vie ... ?f=2&t=736

bobbybeans
Normal user

#190 Post by bobbybeans » 10 Jul 2017, 22:44

+1 for toggle

themanfrommoon
Normal user

#191 Post by themanfrommoon » 28 Aug 2017, 21:38

Feature-Request: Feature request - "RPM Task" plugin

Hello,

it would be nice to have a RPM Task (or tachometer or speedmeter) (RPM = Revolutions Per Minute)
I tried some things here:
viewtopic.php?t=3476
But in the end it does not really work very accurate.

It would be great to count the pulses for 60 seconds, then use this value as output and reset the counter to zero to start the procedure again.
One rpm value every 60 seconds (or adjustable period) would be sufficient.

for example:
after 60 seconds: output is "3994" rpm
after 120 seconds: output is "3995" rpm
after 180 seconds: output is "3991" rpm
after 240 seconds: output is "3993" rpm
and so on

Maybe this should be a new task or an enhancement of the existing counter task.

Thanks for your support and this great software!

best regards,
Chris

TD-er
Core team member

#192 Post by TD-er » 01 Sep 2017, 22:21

I think you will need some external counter which you can read out after some interval.
Perhaps even 2 counters, of which one has a known frequency connected to the count input pin.
Then you can trigger the "count enable" (after reset count) and after some time trigger both counters to disable counting and then read both counted values.
Otherwise it is really hard to make the ESP chip trigger at an exact interval and thus the counted frequency will fluctuate a lot.

That's probably the only way to somewhat accurate count the frequency.

I guess there must exist several I2C chips that allow to count external pulses and read the counters via I2C.

Edit:
Perhaps this chip can be used for your usecase: http://www.horter.de/doku/PCF8583_NXP.pdf
You can program it to signal an output line after a fixed number of input triggers.
So as a test run you can set it to a low count first to get an initial value (measure time between pulses output by this chip) and then increase the set value in the counter-IC to get an interval which can be measured with sufficient accuracy.
e.g. once every second.

In other words, you can set it to act as a predefined frequency downscaler.

sasso
Normal user

#193 Post by sasso » 09 Sep 2017, 21:06

Feature request - sensor values on main page

I have 12 espeasy devices in and around the house and I would like to have the readings on main page because I would like to be able to just click on the listed unit's name and see the values on that device without navigating to devices page.

If this is not in the todo list I would like to know where and how the values and value names are stored and since I have a a little bit more than the basic knowledge of coding I would like to try to solve this by myself.

manjh
Normal user

#194 Post by manjh » 26 Oct 2017, 23:32

I second that. With the R-Pi type 3 there is a BT function, but since BT does not carry very far, it would be much better to enable a sensor on ESPEasy! (My R-Pi is located in my office two floors upstairs, with RFLink/LAN in the living room so I can cover the devices)

1985joedever
New user

#195 Post by 1985joedever » 24 Nov 2017, 06:12

houk008 wrote: 31 May 2017, 23:09 Feature-Request: Bridge betwen atmega/arduino/other microcontroller to domoticz via espeasy reading from uart.

Sending from microcontroller named values like
wind=value,gust=value,winddir=value\n
rain=vaule\n
lux=value\n
uv=value\n
lightning=value\n
or any other named value defined by field name and parsed from uart to domoticz idx device.
Of course with ability to deepsleep for minute or more, source device will send values over and over again every one second and esp will wake, read values and send it to domo and go to sleep.
This feature have great potential, from weather stations based on sensor like this complex usage with hand made custom solutions. http://www.powerjackmotion.com/
Or simply please add sparcfun weather station based on documentation to this sensors provided from sparcfun :D.
With esp going to deepsleep to save battery power there is no option for counting gust or rain properly and for that is my idea to read it from uart.
This is what I'm looking for. I can't thank you enough. :D

Drum
Normal user

#196 Post by Drum » 25 Nov 2017, 10:55

sasso wrote: 09 Sep 2017, 21:06 Feature request - sensor values on main page

I have 12 espeasy devices in and around the house and I would like to have the readings on main page because I would like to be able to just click on the listed unit's name and see the values on that device without navigating to devices page.

If this is not in the todo list I would like to know where and how the values and value names are stored and since I have a a little bit more than the basic knowledge of coding I would like to try to solve this by myself.
Have you tried just opening the device on the devices tab rather than on main? http://192.168.1.5/devices should work, with your device ip of course.
Alternatively, use mosquitto & nodered to put the readings of all your devices on one page. Charts & graphs are possible too. I run both and more on a raspberry pi 3.

Prutsium
Normal user

#197 Post by Prutsium » 29 Aug 2018, 11:38

msev wrote: 15 Mar 2016, 09:59 RC522 Rfid reader support would be cool :) (https://github.com/Jorgen-VikingGod/ESP8266-MFRC522)
Is there any plan for this still?
i accidentally bought the 522 instead of the 532 and bit of stuck now :)

goldriver
Normal user

#198 Post by goldriver » 17 Dec 2018, 13:08

Hi
I would like if support for the PZEM-004T energy monitor would be added to espeasy. There used to be a plugin available in the playground that used to work with previous releases but the serial library have been all messed up and now there is no way to compile with this plugin

thanks