Lunarok from France and Jeedom

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

lunarok
Normal user

Lunarok from France and Jeedom

#1 Post by lunarok » 28 Oct 2015, 10:15

Hi,

Get your project from a member of Jeedom forum and very interested.
So here, french user of Jeedom but also maintener of the MQTT plugin for Jeedom.
So I will check it's working out of the box with Jeedom.

Is it possible after that to add Jeedom in the list of software ?
I can also give you the URL used for Virtual device so we can use also HTTP calls to Jeedom.

And if it's interesting, I can add a plugin for Jeedom so the device and sensors are created automaticly if possible (I'm not just maintener of MQTT plugin, but also mySensors and some others)

rtenklooster
Normal user

Re: Lunarok from France and Jeedom

#2 Post by rtenklooster » 29 Oct 2015, 10:19

Welcome :)
It would be nice if just mqtt could be used.. it would mean less code adding.. so if you want to test it.. please go ahead :)

I have never tried Jeedom, can you tell me little about the unique selling points of this particular software?
Richard - Groningen (NL) - Image

kimi1983
New user

#3 Post by kimi1983 » 29 Oct 2015, 14:29

I would also love the possibility to use the HTTP mode, because this is much easier to use than the MQTT mode.

thank you

lunarok
Normal user

#4 Post by lunarok » 19 Nov 2015, 11:20

So starting by Jeedom. It's a growing home automation software at least in France, it's an open source project, build in PHP mainly. But plugins can use any languages.
The project is backed by a company providing 3 boxes : Mini+, Pro and Center (to be released) and the plugins are avalaible through a market (think Google Play) some of them are free other have a small fee.

I have written some plugins for Jeedom already, for the protocols that can be usefull here : mySensors, MQTT, Rflink, Unipi (and total 25 plugins at time I write)

I'm planning to get a "native" plugin for ESPeasy to make it easy and well integrated. This for free like mySensors/MQTT.
But I don't want add some stuff on ESPeasy controller, I think everything is here. But I miss documentation :)
Exemple :
http://www.esp8266.nu/index.php/EasyProtocols

Yes there is the list of controllers.
But if take MQTT, there is 3 different ones with name of home automation software. But well, this is MQTT, so it must be describe as a MQTT format no ?
I mean, would be better for me to have for Exemple :

MQTT controller : host, port, user, password, and format of topics (full tree topics with simple text values in payload or json payload in a single topic)
Like this only one code for you to maintain.

HTTP controller same, define a URL to send data to controller with a json body, every home automation center can define the right plugin after.
And for input describe what URL and body if needed we have to call.

This will be very nice for any integration in home automation. After that no code to add for you, just the name of controllers getting tested or with dedicated plugins.

Also, the URL of ESP8266 for additionnal boards in Arduino IDE is broken :
http://www.esp8266.nu/index.php/Tutoria ... are_Upload

Martinus

#5 Post by Martinus » 19 Nov 2015, 13:28

[quote="lunarok"]I'm planning to get a "native" plugin for ESPeasy to make it easy and well integrated. This for free like mySensors/MQTT.
But I don't want add some stuff on ESPeasy controller, I think everything is here. But I miss documentation :)
[/quote]

Yep, documentation for ESP Easy MQTT protocols is currently not provided because using the ESP Easy should be as Easy as can be for the end user. So no talking about the templates that are used in the background. They can be found under "tools/advanced" however.

Maybe we should think about providing documentation for developers that want to build upon the existing "framework". But it should be separated from the normal wiki or it may confuse or scare off normal users. We had bad experience with previous projects that would give the impression that you have to master many technical skills before things start to work.

It will send some details to you by PM.

Would be nice if support for Jeedom can be provided!

lunarok
Normal user

#6 Post by lunarok » 19 Nov 2015, 13:43

Yes I completly agree, not for user, user don't need this info and will be scared :)
It can be inside github, will be nice (I have check in the github as I don't find in wiki)
As github is more dev oriented will be nice. Using their wiki feature or just a simple text file in the source for reference is enough.

Deennoo
Normal user

#7 Post by Deennoo » 07 Dec 2015, 16:52

Hi there !

lunarok
Normal user

#8 Post by lunarok » 08 Dec 2015, 14:16

Another Jeedom user, ESPeasy attracting people.

Don't forget the generic HTTP please, will be easier and get a dedicated plugin inside Jeedom for this

NietGiftig
Normal user

#9 Post by NietGiftig » 08 Dec 2015, 15:51

Is this the Jeedom you are talking about?
https://market.jeedom.fr/index.php?v=d

Then I will pass it, 95% in french, using open source from other people with payment to include in Jeedom?
But i'm not sure, can't read French

Deennoo
Normal user

#10 Post by Deennoo » 08 Dec 2015, 20:29

NietGiftig wrote:Is this the Jeedom you are talking about?
https://market.jeedom.fr/index.php?v=d

Then I will pass it, 95% in french, using open source from other people with payment to include in Jeedom?
But i'm not sure, can't read French
Well done, Your right ! That the true...

mtsukamoto
New user

#11 Post by mtsukamoto » 22 Dec 2015, 11:42

Hi....i' am brazilian people and have used the Jeedom software and recently found the EspEasy.This combination is amazing!! I have used the MQTT protocol sucessfull where on the EspEasy config have used the "OpenHab MQTT".On the Jeedom i use the MQTT plugin by Lunarok.I have one problem only......the Jeedom receive the status change from the Esp8266 perfectly but the icon of the dashboard won't change the status until the Jeedom page refresh (F5)

lunarok
Normal user

#12 Post by lunarok » 22 Dec 2015, 18:22

mtsukamoto wrote:Hi....i' am brazilian people and have used the Jeedom software and recently found the EspEasy.This combination is amazing!! I have used the MQTT protocol sucessfull where on the EspEasy config have used the "OpenHab MQTT".On the Jeedom i use the MQTT plugin by Lunarok.I have one problem only......the Jeedom receive the status change from the Esp8266 perfectly but the icon of the dashboard won't change the status until the Jeedom page refresh (F5)
This look like an issue with your nodejs service for Jeedom (you can find it with a green icon if working in the config menu, if not working red or grey)
This will be fixed by the Jeedom v2 if you are able to wait. Or there is some post on Jeedom forum for this (but I don't know if there is in english)

mtsukamoto
New user

#13 Post by mtsukamoto » 22 Dec 2015, 20:49

Thank you Lunarok....i will see nodejs status of the my raspberry/Jeedom.....i want search in the French Jeedom forum but what keyword search....You can help me with french keywords related with my problem? Thank you....

mtsukamoto
New user

#14 Post by mtsukamoto » 23 Dec 2015, 17:36

Hello guys...Lunarok....really the NodeJs has problem using the old version and then make update my problem has solved....thank's.......thank's too EspEasy code maker......EspEasy is amazing ;)