development stuck/still alive?

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

passie
Normal user

development stuck/still alive?

#1 Post by passie » 30 May 2019, 00:26

The latest firmware release is from 18 OCTOBER 2017
The latest message on www.rflink.nl is from 23 AUGUST 2018

is the development and the RFlink board still alive?

Could be that i'm impatience and have to wait a bit longer 8-)

regards,
Passie

Voyager
Normal user

Re: development stuck/still alive?

#2 Post by Voyager » 30 May 2019, 00:28

Yes, you have to wait a bit longer.. :)

shyriu42
New user

#3 Post by shyriu42 » 30 May 2019, 00:51

i think all is dead

no answers from forum no answers from email no answers to help ...

it s very unfair from the man/group who initiated this project to to drop those who have invested time and money in a rflink and feel alone in the world. without the ability to have the source code that could be taken over by others. To have stopped a free project like this one and to deprive everyone of having new is simply .... disgusting i don't understand a so long silence.

really i send many emails without answers.

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

#4 Post by Stuntteam » 30 May 2019, 10:13

>no answers from forum no answers from email no answers to help ...

You send at least 4 messages about an elepowstar doorbel... and not all of them that friendly.
You even received an answer that we are looking into it.

>it s very unfair from the man/group who initiated this project to to drop those who have invested time and money in a rflink

The minimal cost to get rflink working is around 7 euros (arduino+decent rf module)
The project is all free, this also means there is no big customer support team available to answer 4 doorbell messages. Time to answer mails means less time for development.
There is a list of devices that are supported. If you select a doorbell from that list (and they are available as low as 5 euros) you are fine.
Also, I am pretty sure that the invested time from this side is A LOT higher than your invested time and money.

>To have stopped a free project like this one and to deprive everyone of having new is simply .... disgusting i don't understand a so long silence.
The project has not stopped. However, you are free to use any other solution...Buy something expensive and see what you get with your complaints and negativity.
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

shyriu42
New user

#5 Post by shyriu42 » 01 Jun 2019, 18:12

hi
thanks to answer me, you are right and i m really sorry to my impatience but i m not programmer and i have no mind about the time to search and made a plugin or other. Why it's so long since 2017 ? and why my doorbell can be activated by a rflink command. I have no idea about the time and works needed to do it and after 2 ou 3 month i m impatiently. sorry

ps: you are right and you answer to me 1 time that you works on it..

passie
Normal user

#6 Post by passie » 24 Jun 2019, 23:58

Stuntteam wrote: 30 May 2019, 10:13 >no answers from forum no answers from email no answers to help ...

You send at least 4 messages about an elepowstar doorbel... and not all of them that friendly.
You even received an answer that we are looking into it.

>it s very unfair from the man/group who initiated this project to to drop those who have invested time and money in a rflink

The minimal cost to get rflink working is around 7 euros (arduino+decent rf module)
The project is all free, this also means there is no big customer support team available to answer 4 doorbell messages. Time to answer mails means less time for development.
There is a list of devices that are supported. If you select a doorbell from that list (and they are available as low as 5 euros) you are fine.
Also, I am pretty sure that the invested time from this side is A LOT higher than your invested time and money.

>To have stopped a free project like this one and to deprive everyone of having new is simply .... disgusting i don't understand a so long silence.
The project has not stopped. However, you are free to use any other solution...Buy something expensive and see what you get with your complaints and negativity.
Stuntteam, Good to hear the project is still alive and kicking.
Take your time. I'll sit in my corner and just wait.
Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Passie

brjhaverkamp
New user

#7 Post by brjhaverkamp » 26 Jun 2019, 13:32

Hi Stunteam,

I don't think the negativity is coming from a too high expectation.
Also from my side the lack of information is frustrating.
As Passie mentioned:
The latest firmware release is from 18 OCTOBER 2017
The latest message on www.rflink.nl is from 23 AUGUST 2018
Also most answers are in the form of stubby oneliners, which doesn't feel very friendly as well.

We know there is a rewrite ongoing. But there has been very little information. As this is an open community, please invest a bit of your time in informing the people on your plans and goals. It helps getting a more positive attitude. And it won't have to take more than 15min at the end of the month. Even if the plans progressing slowly, changing, not always working out, etc. At least we know what we are waiting for. And where possible involve the community. There are for sure a number of able and willing programmers in the audience.

Bert

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

#8 Post by Stuntteam » 09 Jul 2019, 20:22

Here we go again.. post removed.. watch your language!
This thread is now closed.

For those interested, development continues.
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8