Rules Timer ignore

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Wikibear
New user

Rules Timer ignore

#1 Post by Wikibear » 16 Jul 2019, 18:24

Hello together,

try to send via MQTT Publish a status via rules.

That are my rules and the esp don't get in deepsleep and will complete ignore Rules Timer 1... Event will be triggered but no commands will be executed. No publish and no execute timerset 2.

Does anybody have an idea?

Git Build: mega-20190630

Thanks for help.
Greetings Wikibear

ThomasB
Normal user

Re: Rules Timer ignore

#2 Post by ThomasB » 17 Jul 2019, 05:55

It looks like your log level is set to info. Increase it to debug and review the expanded messages for clues to the problem.

BTW, I see that Timer 1 has expired, then things go quiet for awhile; Maybe it hangs on MQTT. So, reconfirm the MQTT is working correctly. For example, check your broker and verify it is receiving the "sw,1" message when MQTT connects at boot. Or remove the publish statements in the rule file and see if the missing events run.

- Thomas

Wikibear
New user

#3 Post by Wikibear » 17 Jul 2019, 06:31

First thanks for reply. I think the only way to get more information about this issue is to switch from info to debug to get more data to see what's happened.

The first event work as expected and it seems that the timer will do the same. After command timerset I can count to 5 and timer event will start. But it seems to hang and nothing happens...
Greetings Wikibear

waspie
Normal user

#4 Post by waspie » 17 Jul 2019, 13:41

did you define a controller?

Wikibear
New user

#5 Post by Wikibear » 17 Jul 2019, 15:58

Yep, sooo... I took over the old rule core and you will wonder but that will work with timer... I think the new rule core is buggy.

I try it hours for hours... and after switchting to the old core this rule will trigger. But not deepsleep to 0. I want it that esp goes complet into sleep and i want to wake it via RST. What must i do that ESP goes into deepsleep to next hardware RST?

Thanks.
Greetings Wikibear