IS it possible to send a Text Message from a Rule to a Domoticz Virtual Sensor

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

lumajo
Normal user

IS it possible to send a Text Message from a Rule to a Domoticz Virtual Sensor

#1 Post by lumajo » 19 Dec 2019, 19:47

I want to send a Text Message at System#Boot to my domoticz with SendtoHttp. Is this possible or not supported yet.
What i probably can do is to let the virtual Sensor switch from 0 to 1 and let Domoticz Create a message (Warning) I guess thats easier..

TD-er
Core team member

Re: IS it possible to send a Text Message from a Rule to a Domoticz Virtual Sensor

#2 Post by TD-er » 19 Dec 2019, 21:43

Well if Domoticz supports sending text messages, then I think SendToHttp or Publish (for the Domoticz MQTT) are the only possible means to send text messages via rules.
Maybe you can find something in the Domoticz wiki?

ThomasB
Normal user

Re: IS it possible to send a Text Message from a Rule to a Domoticz Virtual Sensor

#3 Post by ThomasB » 19 Dec 2019, 22:10

I'm not a domoticz user, but I have sent SMS texts using ESPEasy's Notification function. It was intended for generic email messaging, but works well for SMS too. Just send the text to the email address assigned to your SMS cell phone number.

- Thomas

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 19 Dec 2019, 22:20

ThomasB wrote: 19 Dec 2019, 22:10 [...] Just send the text to the email address assigned to your SMS cell phone number.
I don't know that service?
Maybe that's not a standard service for all providers?

ThomasB
Normal user

#5 Post by ThomasB » 19 Dec 2019, 22:36

Maybe that's not a standard service for all providers?
Maybe. But here in the USA it is offered by all the major carriers. Each provider offers a SMS email address. Here's an example on how to do it:
https://20somethingfinance.com/how-to-s ... -for-free/

The cell phone providers don't seem to advertise this feature. But google will no doubt find the information to your cell provider's SMS email access.

- Thomas

lumajo
Normal user

#6 Post by lumajo » 20 Dec 2019, 09:01

Sending SMS from EASY ESP to a mobile Phone would be a nice feature, not what I want but i could use it...I need to check that. ( I could then send a sms to may camper which replies with all relevant data incl temp, Gaslevel (for the heater etc))

I wanted to modify the smoke sensor in my garage with an ESP that boots up with the alarm and sends a message to a virtual sensor. I will now simply switch this virtual sensor from 0 to 1 and let Domoticz do everything else, I assume thats the right way anyway. I just was curious....

epost
Normal user

#7 Post by epost » 20 Dec 2019, 13:02

I did this this way:
Create a Dummy Text device in Domoticz and send an HTTP command from Rules.
SendToHTTP 192.168.x.xx,8080,/json.htm?type=command&param=udevice&idx=IDX&nvalue=0&svalue=TEXT
Attachments
TEXT.png
TEXT.png (5.43 KiB) Viewed 6616 times