ESPCoreRules build 7 on github

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

FanOfHue
Normal user

ESPCoreRules build 7 on github

#1 Post by FanOfHue » 08 Feb 2020, 17:24

Finally got some time to roundup and verify some recent updates to ESPCoreRules:

- Rule engine supports JSON structured payloads (like the messages sent from Domoticz MQTT). No specific Domoticz plugin needed.
- Numeric variables, string variables, named timers and the nodelist now uses dynamic memory allocation.
- You can configure the max size of each of the above at runtime. Setting it to zero disables the use and saves a lot of RAM
- String variables now support new string manipulation commands: StringSubstring, StringLength, StringReplace
- MQTT support has improved and also supports the automatic ESP Nodelist. It can now fully replace the custom UDP messagebus when needed.
- Tuya sensor plugin has been extended to support the eBay "noname" tuya doorsensor with firmware 1.0.0.0
- A new plugin for local logging has been added. You can now log from the rules engine with the new 'Log' command

https://github.com/SmartNodeRules/ESPCoreRules
https://github.com/SmartNodeRules/Documentation/wiki

tim
Normal user

Re: ESPCoreRules build 7 on github

#2 Post by tim » 10 Feb 2020, 17:19

Hello fanofhue

Thanks for your support with ESPCoreRules so far and try to make some nice software
It was fun to see it work but i really like software that many people use so more proven
I decide to move over to Tasmota with better support for tuya devices like sold on Action and eBay
Next step will be Action LSC lightbulbs with Tasmota to replace some old KAKU bulbs

Tim

FanOfHue
Normal user

#3 Post by FanOfHue » 12 Feb 2020, 17:08

tim wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 17:19 I decide to move over to Tasmota with better support for tuya devices like sold on Action and eBay
Well there goes my one and only other ESPCoreRules user :lol: :lol:
tim wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 17:19 ... but i really like software that many people use so more proven
To be fair, i can only agree. Lack of adoption after a year since launch, it proves me that there's no demand at all for a scripted core version of "ESPEasy". Or at least not made by me. (Or just not on this forum :P ).

It has made me decide to stop further development.
Good luck with your Tasmota solution!

happytm
Normal user

#4 Post by happytm » 02 Mar 2020, 17:35

Well there goes my one and only other ESPCoreRules user :lol: :lol:
That is not true. I am still using your code. Please do not stop.

Thanks.