TaskEnable LCD device Interval

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

piano-thomas
New user

TaskEnable LCD device Interval

#1 Post by piano-thomas » 16 Mar 2020, 20:28

Hi All,

Im quite new to ESPEasy and home automation, but over the last few weeks I've been playing around with a couple of NodeMCU's and Raspberry Pi. Currently I am trying to find a workaround for not being able to scroll through data on an LCD display (16x02). My idea is the following. I would like to display 2 screens, switching every minute or so:
Display 1: Power consumption and voltage, that is sent via MQTT by Domoticz
Display 2: Temperature and humidity measured by NodeMCU

I figured out how to display my power/voltage values, and update them every second. I created an LCD device with two lines, setting the interval to 1 sec. Now, I wanted to switch the devices as follows:

Create two devices, assigned to the same LCD, but with different data on the lines.
Using the rules feature with commands TaskEnable, and TaskDisable. If I would run that rule every minute, I can enable one task, while disabling the other one at the same time.

My problem however:
If a task/device is enabled by the command TaskEnable,<taskno>, the interval function of the LCD device does not work. Even when I add the command RunTask,<taskno>, the 1 second refresh rate does not work. Does anyone know a workaround, apart from rebooting the entire NodeMCU?

Hope you guys could help!

TD-er
Core team member

Re: TaskEnable LCD device Interval

#2 Post by TD-er » 16 Mar 2020, 21:42

piano-thomas wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 20:28 [...]
My problem however:
If a task/device is enabled by the command TaskEnable,<taskno>, the interval function of the LCD device does not work. Even when I add the command RunTask,<taskno>, the 1 second refresh rate does not work. Does anyone know a workaround, apart from rebooting the entire NodeMCU?
[...]
That's a very recently added command, so I think it is a bug.
Can you add an issue for it on GitHub (or else I will loose track of it)

piano-thomas
New user

Re: TaskEnable LCD device Interval

#3 Post by piano-thomas » 16 Mar 2020, 21:47

TD-er wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 21:42
piano-thomas wrote: 16 Mar 2020, 20:28 [...]
My problem however:
[...]
That's a very recently added command, so I think it is a bug.
Can you add an issue for it on GitHub (or else I will loose track of it)
I will! Thanks!