ESPEasy Timeout

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Leon_Emm
New user

ESPEasy Timeout

#1 Post by Leon_Emm » 15 May 2020, 16:14

Dear community,

I'm new to this Forum and I hope to post my problems in the right Category. Currently I have a NodeMCU ESP32 w/ ESPEasy and a TSL2561 sensor. Everything is powered from a 5V switching power supply.
But I've got two Problems with this Setup:

(1) Randomly the ESP closes all connections except serial and stops functioning until I repower the unit. There are no Syslog entries. It seems like the ESP just freezes randomly (once a few Days)
(2) Sometimes the i2c-Bus fails to read/get the right Data from the TSL2561. Sometimes the i2c-Scan fails to find the sonsors, some times it just doesn't change its values (e.g. 2000lux at Midnight in a complete dark enviroment).

The ESP sends the reading from the TSL2561 to an FHEM Smarthome server. This server requests every night at 3.00 a reboot of the ESP...

Please help. I've no Idea what to do....

Greetings from Germany,
Leon

grovkillen
Core team member

Re: ESPEasy Timeout

#2 Post by grovkillen » 15 May 2020, 17:04

I think we need to take a look at the TSL2561 plugin.
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

Leon_Emm
New user

#3 Post by Leon_Emm » 15 May 2020, 22:41

Okay, what does that mean?

FYI: I am using this build: 20100 - Mega32 because thats the only firmware that i was able to flash on my ESP32... Is there - if a newer Firmware is available - a OTA Upgrade function?

--
Leon

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 15 May 2020, 23:09

Please try this test build I made for some pull request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6eax1yyubsgu ... 7.zip?dl=0

It does have one of the latest build features which also allow for OTA update (after flashing the '-factory.bin' file first)

And the TSL2561 plugin is working just fine as I've made quite some improvements on it last summer. (tested on an ESP8266)
Early builds of ESP32 had issues with I2C stability, but I believe those are over now.

I will also trigger a new nightly build now so hopefully we will have one tomorrow. (if Travis is not playing tricks right now...)

Leon_Emm
New user

#5 Post by Leon_Emm » 16 May 2020, 10:48

Thanks,

but I've actually no Idea how to flash the firmware. Ive tried to flash the R20100 via complicated serial commands (I flashed boot_app0.bin, bootloader.bin ESPEasy.ino.partitions.bin etc.) because the ESP-Flashtool didn't work... How about this time? Will it work if I'm only want to upgrade the firmware or is it possible that i've to work with serial commands and more .bins again?

EDIT:
I was able to flash the new firmware! It seems working!
--
Leon

TD-er
Core team member

#6 Post by TD-er » 17 May 2020, 23:40

You seem to have managed the update.
Just keep in mind, the -factory.bin file is for the first time flashing of an ESP32 and the other ESP32 bin files are for performing an OTA update.
This is also mentioned in the readme included in the ZIP.