P092_DLbus UVR42

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Post Reply
Message
Author
Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

P092_DLbus UVR42

#1 Post by Trainer » 26 Mar 2022, 11:52

Hello,

i have i UVR42 Solarsystem and it would be nice to control it with my esp.

i found the very nice DL_BUS Plugin https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEas ... _DLbus.ino.

Can you help me to edit the code so that i can use my UVR42.
As i found in the code it works only for ESR21,UVR1611,UVR 61-3

User avatar
Ath
Normal user
Posts: 1677
Joined: 10 Jun 2018, 12:06
Location: NL

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#2 Post by Ath » 26 Mar 2022, 12:16

Do you have a datasheet available, so the configuration can be set correctly?

The structure of the plugin is quite nice, so it's not very difficult to add a new model, but you will need the correct parameters.
Maybe @uwekaditz will jump in and add these parameters, as he added this plugin to ESPEasy.
/Ton

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#3 Post by Trainer » 26 Mar 2022, 16:18

the documentation you can found here https://github.com/martinkropf/UVR31_RF ... %201.6.pdf

i don't know exactly which files i have to edit und what i have to edit that it work.

User avatar
Ath
Normal user
Posts: 1677
Joined: 10 Jun 2018, 12:06
Location: NL

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#4 Post by Ath » 26 Mar 2022, 16:47

Thanks for that documentation link, that's very helpful.

I can make the changes, as long as you can do some testing, as I don't own that type of device :)
What build of ESPEasy do you have installed on your ESP (ESP32 or ESP8266)? (It should be a TEST_C build, as that's the only one that has this plugin included, AFAICS).
/Ton

User avatar
Ath
Normal user
Posts: 1677
Joined: 10 Jun 2018, 12:06
Location: NL

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#5 Post by Ath » 26 Mar 2022, 17:36

It was even easier to add than I originally estimated :D The source is very well structured, thank you Uwe :idea:

I've created a pull request #3977, so the builds can be downloaded from the Github Actions service ('Checks' tab in the PR) once the build is completed.

Please test and report your findings here.
/Ton

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#6 Post by Trainer » 26 Mar 2022, 21:57

Ath wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 17:36 It was even easier to add than I originally estimated :D The source is very well structured, thank you Uwe :idea:

I've created a pull request #3977, so the builds can be downloaded from the Github Actions service ('Checks' tab in the PR) once the build is completed.

Please test and report your findings here.
you are amazing.
Thank you.

where can i find the new source?
https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEas ... _DLbus.ino
this one should be the old one?

i can flash the new FW on a separate ESP8266 to test it next time, when i am in front of the solarfocus UVR42.

User avatar
Ath
Normal user
Posts: 1677
Joined: 10 Jun 2018, 12:06
Location: NL

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#7 Post by Ath » 26 Mar 2022, 22:14

The source can be found in the PR, as well as the built binaries, as suggested, in the 'Checks' tab there. On the right there is a drop-down titled 'Artifacts' where you can download Binaries.zip that will include the built configurations (get the TEST_C build, as before).
/Ton

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#8 Post by Trainer » 26 Mar 2022, 22:29

Ath wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 22:14 The source can be found in the PR, as well as the built binaries, as suggested, in the 'Checks' tab there. On the right there is a drop-down titled 'Artifacts' where you can download Binaries.zip that will include the built configurations (get the TEST_C build, as before).
Maybe I'm stupid but I can't find a way to download the new Test_C build. I can't find the sub-item 'Artifacts' either.
Also in the 'checks' tab i can't find any download link :(

User avatar
Ath
Normal user
Posts: 1677
Joined: 10 Jun 2018, 12:06
Location: NL

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#9 Post by Ath » 26 Mar 2022, 23:21

It may require you to have a github account (it's free) and to be logged in, not sure, I'm always logged in ;)
/Ton

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#10 Post by Trainer » 27 Mar 2022, 22:23

Ath wrote: 26 Mar 2022, 23:21 It may require you to have a github account (it's free) and to be logged in, not sure, I'm always logged in ;)
thank you. now i got it and i will try it next time, i am in front of the UVR42

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#11 Post by Trainer » 13 May 2022, 20:29

today i tried the UVR42 with my esp.

i use a voltage divider (24V INPUT = DL-BUS (~25V)) 10kohm and a 1,5kohm so i get ~3,3V on my GPIO0.

DL---|
|
10k ohm
|--------------GPIO0
1,5k ohm
|
GND-----------------GND



am i doing something wrong?

TD-er
Core team member
Posts: 6175
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 22:13
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#12 Post by TD-er » 13 May 2022, 20:42

GPIO-0 already has a pull-up resistor to 3V3, so not entirely sure what effect that will have on the signal.
Not sure what you would like to achieve with this though, as using GPIO-0 for an input signal may prevent the ESP to boot if the pin is pulled low when the ESP boots.

But just comparing the mentioned resistors to see what voltage will be over the 1k5 resistor:

(24 / (10k + 1k5)) * 1k5 = 3.13V.
So the resistance values seem to be chosen correctly to get roughly 3.3V from roughly 25V input.

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#13 Post by Trainer » 13 May 2022, 20:45

TD-er wrote: 13 May 2022, 20:42 GPIO-0 already has a pull-up resistor to 3V3, so not entirely sure what effect that will have on the signal.
Not sure what you would like to achieve with this though, as using GPIO-0 for an input signal may prevent the ESP to boot if the pin is pulled low when the ESP boots.

But just comparing the mentioned resistors to see what voltage will be over the 1k5 resistor:

(24 / (10k + 1k5)) * 1k5 = 3.13V.
So the resistance values seem to be chosen correctly to get roughly 3.3V from roughly 25V input.
Do you think the problem is with the gpio port?
which one would you recommend?

TD-er
Core team member
Posts: 6175
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 22:13
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#14 Post by TD-er » 13 May 2022, 20:48

Not sure what you want to do with it.
What do you expect to read from GPIO-0?

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#15 Post by Trainer » 14 May 2022, 10:15

TD-er wrote: 13 May 2022, 20:48 Not sure what you want to do with it.
What do you expect to read from GPIO-0?
I would like to read out the sensor data.
I have only taken one remaining GPIO pin.
If another GPIO pin is recommended, I am happy to change it.

TD-er
Core team member
Posts: 6175
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 22:13
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#16 Post by TD-er » 14 May 2022, 12:47

OK, what signals do you need to connect between your sensor and the ESP?
A 24V signal is not really common, so I wonder what kind of signal it is.
Is it an analog voltage you need to measure?

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#17 Post by Trainer » 14 May 2022, 20:07

TD-er wrote: 14 May 2022, 12:47 OK, what signals do you need to connect between your sensor and the ESP?
A 24V signal is not really common, so I wonder what kind of signal it is.
Is it an analog voltage you need to measure?
it should be a 24V digital signal if I understand correctly.
https://github.com/ekuiter/uvr2web/blob ... %201.7.pdf

TD-er
Core team member
Posts: 6175
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 22:13
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#18 Post by TD-er » 15 May 2022, 22:13

Hmm, I see it on the last page of the PDF you linked.
To me it seems a bit strange to see that a serial data link needs such high voltages.

Trainer
Normal user
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Apr 2020, 15:45

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#19 Post by Trainer » 16 May 2022, 12:01

what else could i try?
Is it possibly due to the 25V I measured instead of 24V ?
Is only 3.3V recognised by the ESP or also when only 3V are present?

TD-er
Core team member
Posts: 6175
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 22:13
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Re: P092_DLbus UVR42

#20 Post by TD-er » 16 May 2022, 13:37

The ESP is rather tolerant, so that's not an issue.
But what might be an issue is that it isn't an UART signal.
It seems like it is a 50 Hz clock and not sure if this low baudrate can be read using a UART.

Can you simply test using the pulse-counter plugin to see if you do receive pulses?
If that's happening, then you know it is electrically connected how it should be.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests