Devices goes offline

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er, enesbcs

Rosenberg
New user

Devices goes offline

#1 Post by Rosenberg » 12 May 2022, 17:58

Hello, first of all cool project. I use one to controlling my water tank. I have some troubles: If have difrent devices: Simple OLEd, Extra IO PCF8574, Environment BH1750 Lux, Distance HC SR04, Generic Input, Serial Communication. The biggest issue is that the Generic Input stop working after few hours. The Input doesn´t change anymore. (No notification at MQTT and no change in web application) I had to click manually Run in the Web appliction and after that it works for the next hours!? Also when I use an output of the PCF8574 the serial device stops working. Why are the interacting ? I am running at 2.1.339 I can´t find information about if it is the last version ? I see that there a lot of old topics, is there no more development in the RPI Easy ? thanks Christoph

Rosenberg
New user

Re: Devices goes offline

#2 Post by Rosenberg » 18 May 2022, 10:50

Rosenberg wrote: 12 May 2022, 17:58 Hello, first of all cool project. I use one to controlling my water tank. I have some troubles: If have difrent devices: Simple OLEd, Extra IO PCF8574, Environment BH1750 Lux, Distance HC SR04, Generic Input, Serial Communication. The biggest issue is that the Generic Input stop working after few hours. The Input doesn´t change anymore. (No notification at MQTT and no change in web application) I had to click manually Run in the Web appliction and after that it works for the next hours!? Also when I use an output of the PCF8574 the serial device stops working. Why are the interacting ? I am running at 2.1.339 I can´t find information about if it is the last version ? I see that there a lot of old topics, is there no more development in the RPI Easy ? thanks Christoph
Nobody an idea ?

Ath
Normal user

#3 Post by Ath » 18 May 2022, 12:40

You have installed all updates for your RPi? As I've seen all kind of issues, with other s/w too, if the OS isn't updated regularly.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

enesbcs
Normal user

#4 Post by enesbcs » 15 Jun 2022, 21:42

Rosenberg wrote: 18 May 2022, 10:50 The biggest issue is that the Generic Input stop working after few hours. The Input doesn´t change anymore. (No notification at MQTT and no change in web application) I had to click manually Run in the Web appliction and after that it works for the next
I guess the Generic Input is the "Input - Switch Device/Generic GPIO" plugin.
As you did not provide any detail i recommend enable "Force 10/sec periodic checking of pin", and can also play with debounce time, as it can yield quick changes if setted too large...
I hope the correspondent GPIO is setted up as input, as there are another "Output helper" plugin for output management.

It can also be a lot of other issues depending on your actual setup, as used GPIO's, I2C, pullup resistors, operating system, python versions, other running programs in the background, etc... if this pin also used or tried to use by other app OR device OR the operating system themself the pin setup and ownership may also change, which stops the RPIEasy loop asking this plugin.