TD-er temporary offline

Announcements from the Staff

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

TD-er
Core team member

TD-er temporary offline

#1 Post by TD-er » 08 Mar 2022, 22:50

As many of you may have experienced, I usually reply on forum topics a number of times each day.
But the last 2 - 3 weeks, this has been not as frequent as I would like.
The reason for this, is that I'm finally moving back to my rebuilt house.
So I do expect to be settled and "frequently online" again by the end of this month.

For those who want to see the process of demolition and rebuilding the entire street: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwusMq ... 6UQ/videos

N.B. the photo on top of the YouTube channel is from the temporary houses where we've lived for the past 28 months with our entire street.

The demolition was needed because of the damages caused by the earthquakes which are a result of gas extraction here in Groningen.
As soon as we're back, the next street will be housed in these temporary houses.
Rough estimate is that upto 20'000 houses need to be reinforced or rebuilt. But these estimates vary a lot, depending on who you're asking.
But now that the energy prices have gone through the roof, there is already a lot of debate on whether the gas extraction should be increased to no longer be depending on Russia for gas.
If the gas extraction will be increased, I expect other countries like Germany, Belgium, etc. also want to get gas from Groningen and then the volumes needed may exceed what is considered "safe" and then a lot more houses may need to be reinforced or rebuilt.

TD-er
Core team member

Re: TD-er temporary offline

#2 Post by TD-er » 19 Mar 2022, 09:36

Just a short update....
Last Wednesday we have actually moved (almost) all stuff from the temporary house to the new house.
So still have to get the last few things and then unpack all in the new house.

A lot of friends have offered help, but right now I have to decline as my daughter tested positive for Covid again (8 - 9 weeks ago we all had Covid).
This means I have to fetch the last stuff as soon as possible as last time I had Covid, all energy was gone. So I have to finish this before I test positive myself.

A lot of my time also went into getting things by contractors which are extremely hard to get hold of and to get them to do things on time.
But at least the basic needs for modern living are working now:
- Fiber internet
- TV
- Electricity
- Water

I hope to have my desk and computer setup again somewhere next week, so I can continue to work on ESPEasy again.
Really miss it.

chromo23
Normal user

#3 Post by chromo23 » 19 Mar 2022, 23:50

I wish you and your family all the best and hope everything goes well!

Ton_vN
Normal user

#4 Post by Ton_vN » 23 Mar 2022, 21:40

Now an 'all-electric' house, meeting all new Building & Conservation Rules?

TD-er
Core team member

#5 Post by TD-er » 23 Mar 2022, 23:08

Ton_vN wrote: 23 Mar 2022, 21:40 Now an 'all-electric' house, meeting all new Building & Conservation Rules?
Yep, and other great things that happen when they build a completely new street.
For example 2nd sewer (for rain water) and fiber internet.
Also the house will have base isolation using friction pendulum sliders, so I will make a new plugin too which will be extremely popular among other ESPEasy users living in a building on base isolation to measure the movement of the building. :)

TD-er
Core team member

#6 Post by TD-er » 27 Mar 2022, 22:37

OK, I'm now probably less offline as the last few weeks as yesterday I finally worked through unpacking all the boxes in my room to create a path to my desk.
Then I mounted the monitor arms to the wall, unpacked my PC... only to find out that my monitor cables were too short.
So now the PC is still laying flat on the desk leaving not much room for my ESP boards and coffee.
But at least, I'm now planning to be online a lot more instead of moving boxes around, bringing stuff to the dump, arranging contractors to do stuff, etc.

BartSr
Normal user

#7 Post by BartSr » 07 Apr 2022, 09:06

Yes, I know all things which are result of moving to another house. Even brandnew still gives lots of work todo But it's worth! Anyway enjoy yr new living and stay healthy!

TD-er
Core team member

#8 Post by TD-er » 07 Apr 2022, 09:11

Yep, a lot of work.
Lots of boxes still in the wrong rooms, or at least I assume my daughter of 8 doesn't need 10 rolls of 3D printer filament in her room as we found yesterday :)

Ton_vN
Normal user

#9 Post by Ton_vN » 20 May 2022, 12:00

If interested in the movements of your house (or earth in general), perhaps this function running on a Raspberry is of some interest.
Probability that earth moves seems siginficant for the region you live, although at this moment it looks quiet in this picture.

TD-er
Core team member

#10 Post by TD-er » 20 May 2022, 12:10

That project doesn't seem to have any node close to Groningen.
See also the KMNI site: https://www.knmi.nl/nederland-nu/seismo ... rdbevingen
It used to show the last 100 sites, but now only shows the last 15.
But they also have a download for a CSV file with all recorded quakes.