RFLink limitations with Nodo-Wifi kit and Home Assistant integration

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

DonParlor
New user

RFLink limitations with Nodo-Wifi kit and Home Assistant integration

#1 Post by DonParlor » 21 Aug 2022, 03:30

After some more research on the web and through Let's Control It forums, I realize there are some limitations with an RFLink built on Arduino 2560 Nodo-Wifi kit and Home Assistant integration.

Here are the limitations I cannot bypass: 

1) Somfy Sonesse® 30 RTS does not accept user-generated HEX codes to add RFLink as a remote. 
2) Because of the limitation 1) I will have to buy a new remote or borrow one that I will dedicate to controlling blinds with RFLink.
3) RFLink cannot send a STOP command that corresponds to the "MY" button on the remote. STOP command is a real stop that will stop any movement UP or DOWN.
4) RFLink integration with Home Assistant only works with Esp-Easy, it does not work with Esp-link. 
5) Using Esp-Easy Mega latest firmware and adding a Serial Communication Device does not work. I had to revert back to Esp-Easy R147 RC8, set a Serial Server, and now I can control blinds with RFLink.

If anyone has found solutions to the problems listed above, I'll be more than happy to clear those limitations from the list. But so far, these limitations seem to be unsolvable.