Controler settigs

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Dick60
Normal user

Controler settigs

#1 Post by Dick60 » 05 Oct 2023, 11:39

I am using the latest firmware for my esp8266 or esp32. Both boards have the same problem. The situation is that I have two controllers for my Domoticz (one active, the other inactive). On the Controller tab I made one inactive. In the Device tab I have not deactivated the settings of the inactive controller. The settings of both controllers are still used in Domoticz. I would expect that when deactivating the Controler in the Controler tab, the settings of each individual device would also become inactive, regardless of what check mark is left behind it. Is this behavior correct and mentioned this way?

Ath
Normal user

Re: Controler settigs

#2 Post by Ath » 05 Oct 2023, 11:43

The settings in the Device tab will not get deactivated if the Controller is inactive, to allow configuration per device without activating the controller. Currently the Controller name is shown, but I'll add the state (inactive/active) there too, that might be helpful.
This is by design/not an error.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 05 Oct 2023, 12:06

It will be a nuisance when you have to enable the controller to remove the checkbox on a task or change the IDX value.
So that's why it isn't a greyed out option on the task config page.

Also it can be useful to have both HTTP and MQTT Domoticz controllers configured.
For this you could use either the same or different IDX values on the same task but for the different controllers.
If you later disable either one version and then need to change the IDX value, it is really frustrating to be blocked by a setting on another page (the enabled state of a controller)

So as Ton said, it is by design.

Dick60
Normal user

#4 Post by Dick60 » 05 Oct 2023, 13:22

Thanks for the helpfull explanation.