Fine tune utility room reading with pulse counters and Domoticz

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

m.lamie
New user

Fine tune utility room reading with pulse counters and Domoticz

#1 Post by m.lamie » 11 Apr 2016, 15:28

First of all, thanks for providing the ESP Easy firmware. As mentioned in the title I need some help to fine tune utility room reading with pulse counters and Domoticz. Please note I’m not an electric engineer, but really enjoy the time spend so far on the project ;-)

I mounted 3 sensors in my utility room. All have been configured as a pulse counter in the ESP Easy firmware and I configured them to communicate with Domoticz via HTTP. Domoticz is getting values, but the representation isn’t good. So I need to troubleshoot the setup. To see the actual values see the YouTube.

https://youtu.be/lY-bSa3NFPk

Main question: Can someone please help me out to get the right figures in Domoticz?

Second question: I doubt when the reed switch is triggered and remains triggerd (gas meter magnet stopped), or the TCRT 5000 sensor remains on the reflectic part (water meter stopped), will the value get a 0? Will it only count the up and down of the pulse?

Some remarks:
Meters:
Electricity = Pulse rate = 1,000 imp/kWh
Water = 2 pulses = 0,0001 m3
Gas = 1 imp = 0,01m3

Measurements are send every 60 seconds from ESP8266 (is this ok???)
Electricity formula count = %value%*60
Debounce gas = 1000 mSec
Water formula count = %value%/2
Debounce water = 1 mSec

In Domoticz I created the following virtual devices:
Electricity = Counter Incremental
Gas = RFXMeter counter
Water = RFXMeter counter

m.lamie
New user

Re: Fine tune utility room reading with pulse counters and Domoticz

#2 Post by m.lamie » 12 Apr 2016, 21:08

I started with the water meter. I found some configuration faults and now the display in Domoticz is correct 8-)

1) The pulse counter TCRT5000 sensor detects on/of and count 2.
no reflective part = 0 (sensor module led off)
reflective part = 1 (sensor module led on)
no reflective part = 2 (sensor module led off)
Since the arrow is counted twice per rotation I corrected the calculation from %value%/2 towards %value%/4

My second question if the pulse counter in the ESP Easy firmware keeps counting in case the sensor is on and sees the reflective part and the water meter is stopped is answered as well.

Check: In Domoticz the count value is correct in the log.

2) In Domoticz the counter divers was 100 I adjusted it towards 1000 since each rotation is 1 liter.

3) In Domoticz I changed the virtual device from RFXMeter counter towards Counter Incremental.

heggink
New user

Re: Fine tune utility room reading with pulse counters and Domoticz

#3 Post by heggink » 21 Jul 2017, 13:11

Hey m.lamie,

Thanks for the post. Followed it to read my water meter in NL. I have a problem where you may have some advice: the readings between domoticz and the water meter
are about 6-8% off where domoticz is always higher (meter says 350 lts and domoticz says 372). Any idea what may cause this? I have read about the meter stopping at the edge of the counter's reflection triggering multiple bounces but this seems too consistent for that...

Thx!

H