SUPPORTED HARDWARE LIST - Please add your Hardware!

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

krikk
Normal user

SUPPORTED HARDWARE LIST - Please add your Hardware!

#1 Post by krikk » 08 May 2017, 19:30

Following a recent discussion in the forum about supporting a specific sonoff hardware, i notice that the wiki currently lacks a "Supported Hardware" section, where new users can find a list of devices, breakout-boards or chips where ESP Easy can run on. This list would ideally contain the info how to flash ESP Easy on this devices and if needed useful stuff like rules specific for this device (e.g. switch relay on sonoff device with button)

Do get this started it would be nice if we could collect a list of currently tested devices... i started a stub on the wiki:
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... d_Hardware

but this is only a stub, and i know not everyone does have a user on the wiki... so feel free to post your currently running hardware in this thread, best would be if you could post a photo of the hardware and every info which a beginner could need, especially info if something is not currently supported...

Would be really great if we would compile a usefull list for beginners!!

toffel969
Normal user

Re: SUPPORTED HARDWARE LIST - Please add your Hardware!

#2 Post by toffel969 » 08 May 2017, 20:51

I support your cause and will try to contribute. Can I suggest that we make a table similiar to the input/output devices and include useful information in the table. I would like us to brainstorm which info that could be.

To start the process i would suggest:

1. ESP chip version of the device (like ESP8255, ESP-07,ESP12E, ESP12F)
2. Flash size
3. Onboard USB-TTL converter (if yes, what chipset)
4. GPIO's broken out/available to free use (ex. Sonoff: GPIO 1&3&15?) available to user
5. GPIO tied to onboard hardware (like relay, button, LED on a standard sonoff)
6. Power supply information ( like AMS 1117-3.3 on a NodeMCU)
7. Antenna (like onboard PCB antenna, onboard ceramic antenna, pigtail connector)

We can then make a wiki page for each device and add more specific information there. I think the main page of the wiki is getting a bit long...
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

mrwee
Normal user

#3 Post by mrwee » 08 May 2017, 21:20

Very good initiative :D

In addition to previous suggestions, I'd like to see:

- Step-by-step details on how to flash (how to locate pins, voltage supported, etc.)
- Which plugin to use and how to setup that plugin
- General comments around that device

Please also add H801 LED Controller https://pl.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 23622.html as device. It only supports 3.3v on VCC and signalling pins (NOT 5V on those, then it burns).

toffel969
Normal user

#4 Post by toffel969 » 08 May 2017, 23:39

@krikk
I see you started something on the wiki. I edited it a little bit. I think we can keep the table on the main wiki and link the devices there.
Domoticz on Raspi 2 -- 14 ESP units (hacked Sonoff,NodeMCUs, Wemos, self-built units) running with RC140- Mega 2.0.0 dev8

grovkillen
Core team member

#5 Post by grovkillen » 09 May 2017, 06:10

toffel969 wrote: 08 May 2017, 23:39 @krikk
I see you started something on the wiki. I edited it a little bit. I think we can keep the table on the main wiki and link the devices there.
I like the edit you did. I think also sensors should be listed in a table, the way it is presented now is very cluttered.

I also think we need to move the "Ventus W266" to a section called "modded hardware supported" or something. It is not a sensor in the raw sense. More modds will follow I think.
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

grovkillen
Core team member

#6 Post by grovkillen » 09 May 2017, 11:24

grovkillen wrote: 09 May 2017, 06:10 I think also sensors should be listed in a table, the way it is presented now is very cluttered.
I just updated this: Wiki-page

toffel969
Normal user

#7 Post by toffel969 » 09 May 2017, 11:32

grovkillen wrote: 09 May 2017, 06:10
I like the edit you did. I think also sensors should be listed in a table, the way it is presented now is very cluttered.

I also think we need to move the "Ventus W266" to a section called "modded hardware supported" or something. It is not a sensor in the raw sense. More modds will follow I think.
I have checked it, but it still looks very similiar. Maybe the same approach as with the hardware devices could be useful.
We create a table with some useful information and then write the specifics on the respective sensor page. To start the brainstorming some thoughts here:

1. Sensor name
2. measured physical sizes ( like Temperature and relative Humidity for a DHT11) and range ( -10°C -50 °C)
3. Power requirements ( like 13mA@3.3V)
4. connection method (like I2C, 1wire, 1 digital GPIO, 2 digital GPIO, A0 with Voltgage divider)
5. level shifter required (yes/no)

grovkillen
Core team member

#8 Post by grovkillen » 09 May 2017, 12:34

Added below:

1. Sensor name (should be chipset name. I.e. INA219 not "DC Current Sensor")
2. measured physical sizes ( like Temperature and relative Humidity for a DHT11) and range ( -10°C -50 °C)
3. Power requirements ( like 13mA@3.3V)
4. connection method (like I2C, 1wire, 1 digital GPIO, 2 digital GPIO, A0 with Voltgage divider)
4b. output logic (digital/analog/both)
4c. i2c address (if multiple specify the default)
5. level shifter required (yes/no)
6. mounting method(s), if any (holes for pcb fasteners, etc.?)

Shardan
Normal user

#9 Post by Shardan » 09 May 2017, 20:40

I like the table, looks nice.
I've added the Sonoff 4ch to the table meanwhile.

When i learned how to make a page and a link i'll write a "HowTo flash the ch4" to the wiki.... ;)

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

psy0rz
Normal user

#10 Post by psy0rz » 09 May 2017, 21:04

thanks for starting this guys!
Please support ESPEasy development via Patreon or buy us a coffee.

sjfaustino
New user

#11 Post by sjfaustino » 16 May 2017, 21:09

krikk wrote: 08 May 2017, 19:30 feel free to post your currently running hardware in this thread, best would be if you could post a photo of the hardware and every info which a beginner could need, especially info if something is not currently supported...
I guess you could put the Eastron SDM Series of Energy Meters with MODBus connection (and the ones without MODBus have pulse out, so they would work with the pulse counter plugin as well) as soon as my plugin is finished. You _CAN_ use it as-is but I would like to add a lot more stuff.

http://eastrongroupco.hk02.057321.com/products/10.html