Wall switch with mechanical button?

Moderators: Voyager, BertB, rtenklooster, Stuntteam, grovkillen, TD-er

spachal
Normal user

Wall switch with mechanical button?

#1 Post by spachal » 08 Jan 2019, 00:08

Hallo, I'm looking for some wall switch, flashable with easpeasy, with 'mechanical button', same as a common wall switch.

So you know about any switch with these attributes?
- espeasy inside, or flashable, of course :]
- mechanical button, one click on, on click off
- EU size, suitable as replacement of current switches (rounded boxes in walls, all three cables available)
- controlled directly by GPIO (12) and also with MQTT (broker in LAN + node-red)
- load at least 1A/300W
- some simple design a decent backlit, if possible
- price max. $20 incl. shipping (EU)

I was trying to find any switch at 'common places' - AE, eBay, gearbest etc. but without any success ..
At 'the worst scenario' I'll purchase some Sonoff T1/Touch, but I'd like to have switches the most similar 'dumb' ones.

Any tip? Thanks for info, have a great day! :]
Please excuse my English, thanks!

DeNB3rt
Normal user

Re: Wall switch with mechanical button?

#2 Post by DeNB3rt » 08 Jan 2019, 08:47

why not building one yourself? If you take a normal switch (or push button) from whatever dealer?
In whatever style/colour.
Give it a nodeMCU and some wires, ready ;)
Located in Belgium, Bruges. Working on a full DIY domoticz setup with ESPEasy.

Tecumseh
Normal user

#3 Post by Tecumseh » 08 Jan 2019, 10:07

I just ordered a couple of Shelly devices, they should fit behind a normal switch. They can be flashed with ESP-Easy. This way your normal mechanical switch remains.

spachal
Normal user

#4 Post by spachal » 08 Jan 2019, 13:32

Hi, thx for info! :]

>DeNB3rt: there is problem with wall box depth and relay. Maybe it's resolvable, but I'd prefer some 'certified' solution with optocoupler etc. ..

>Tecumseh: same problem, depth of wall boxes is appr. 35mm, including mechanical switch. I want to replace multiple switches, I don't want to re-drill all there boxes. I'll keep it as a backup plan, thanks :]

DeNB3rt
Normal user

#5 Post by DeNB3rt » 08 Jan 2019, 14:31

spachal wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 13:32

>DeNB3rt: there is problem with wall box depth and relay. Maybe it's resolvable, but I'd prefer some 'certified' solution with optocoupler etc. ..

>Tecumseh: same problem, depth of wall boxes is appr. 35mm, including mechanical switch. I want to replace multiple switches, I don't want to re-drill all there boxes. I'll keep it as a backup plan, thanks :]

yeah, but you don't have to use opto coupler if you use your wall switch as gpio input. (Power the switch from the nodeMCU VCC).
I did it in our previous house, incomming 220V AC voltage > converter to 5VDC to nodeMCU and connected directly to the wall switch.
Indeed space is an issue, but I had the space of 2 switches.
Located in Belgium, Bruges. Working on a full DIY domoticz setup with ESPEasy.

spachal
Normal user

#6 Post by spachal » 08 Jan 2019, 23:41

Thanks again, but I really don't want to solve how to fit board, relay, power source 5V and common wall switch to small space like this one :) .. I'm looking for 'ready product', really :]

Wiki
Normal user

#7 Post by Wiki » 09 Jan 2019, 01:04

Hi,

if you want to stay mechanical from my knowledge (and I don't konw everything) you have to go with somewhat like a shelly device - and in this case I would think, you are playing on the wrong side of IoT.

But if you could imagine to go to something like touch, something like this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3721&p=33029&hilit= ... tch#p33029 may meet your needs.

kimot
Normal user

#8 Post by kimot » 10 Jan 2019, 15:08

spachal wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 13:32

Shelly is only 17 mm high.
What you want more ?!?

Look at this normal wall switch ( ABB ):

http://www.e-viaco.cz/tlacitko-tango-bezove-dvojite/

17 + 17 = 34

So perfectly fit your box