no more Wifi status after version update

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

starfish
Normal user

no more Wifi status after version update

#1 Post by starfish » 10 Mar 2019, 11:17

i have a couple of wemos d1 running here. when updating from some mega version of october 18 to one of the actual versions I dont have wifi status on onboard led any longer. (Use ’GPIO-2 (D4)’ with ’Inversed’ checked for onboard LED) - this setting remained the same of course. But everything else works fine. What could be the reason for that? is there a workaround?

ThomasB
Normal user

Re: no more Wifi status after version update

#2 Post by ThomasB » 11 Mar 2019, 20:07

That is unexpected. I think it would be wise to revert back to your "working" Oct 18 version and reconfirm the LED hardware is still OK.

If the older firmware brings life back to the WiFi LED then do a full memory erase (install blank_*MB.bin file). Then install the latest version (mega-20190311 was released today). I realize this is a pain because you have to reconfigure everything after a full erase. But it is a good first step to solving the LED problem.

- Thomas

starfish
Normal user

#3 Post by starfish » 16 Mar 2019, 09:42

thanks Thomas,
thanks for the hints, I reverted to the oct. version after installing the blank file. Unfortunately the blue LED remains off even when I try to switch it on by rule (assignement removed in hardware)- does that mean that this output is bricked? Still the remaining Wemos functions run as expected, so its not really a desaster.
/starfish

ThomasB
Normal user

#4 Post by ThomasB » 16 Mar 2019, 17:57

Unfortunately the blue LED remains off even when I try to switch it on by rule (assignement removed in hardware)
At least you know that it's a Wemos hardware issue instead of a ESPEasy bug.
does that mean that this output is bricked?
Either the LED has died or the D4 I/O pin is bricked.

If you require a WiFi indicator then add your own LED/resistor combo to the Wemos. If your voltmeter shows that the D4 output is functioning then you can connect the replacement LED/resistor to it. Otherwise use a spare I/O pin that works.

- Thomas