Change CPU ECO mode setting in rule

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

wacsy
New user

Change CPU ECO mode setting in rule

#1 Post by wacsy » 07 Feb 2022, 12:15

Hi,

May I ask if there is any command I can use in the rule to change CPU ECO mode setting in the rule control, please? For example, when the date time comes to night then set the CPU ECO mode falus. During the morning, which is not busy, the rule can set the CPU ECO mode to true and so on. Thank you very much.

P.S. I can compile the fireware to try and debug.

Ath
Normal user

Re: Change CPU ECO mode setting in rule

#2 Post by Ath » 07 Feb 2022, 14:41

There is no internal command to set the ECO mode. Would need investigation, and probably a little thinking, on how to best implement that, as the proposed scheduling is a rather useful feature, that would be more widely usable.
There are the %sunrise% and %sunset% variables (that support adding or subtracting hours/minutes) you can use as a simplified scheduling mechanism.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 07 Feb 2022, 21:23

Indeed, there isn't a command (yet) to toggle this flag.
The same could be useful for the TX power as that's also quite a difference in energy consumption.
Another thing (not yet implemented in the settings) is to change the nr of beacon intervals to turn on the WiFi radio.
This would allow to remain connected, but only to reply a bit slower. It is part of the WiFi standard and supported by the ESP, but since we had some reconnect issues, I have not (yet) implemented it.
The "Eco" mode does the same, but in a way that's not controllable by the user. So sending pings to the node will increase power consumption again and this may take minutes to get back to the lowest power consumption again.

wacsy
New user

#4 Post by wacsy » 08 Feb 2022, 10:19

TD-er wrote: 07 Feb 2022, 21:23 Indeed, there isn't a command (yet) to toggle this flag.
The same could be useful for the TX power as that's also quite a difference in energy consumption.
Another thing (not yet implemented in the settings) is to change the nr of beacon intervals to turn on the WiFi radio.
This would allow to remain connected, but only to reply a bit slower. It is part of the WiFi standard and supported by the ESP, but since we had some reconnect issues, I have not (yet) implemented it.
The "Eco" mode does the same, but in a way that's not controllable by the user. So sending pings to the node will increase power consumption again and this may take minutes to get back to the lowest power consumption again.
Sounds very good. Are you planning to implement any of the feature above soon or do you take any suggestion on the code improvement, please? Thank you very much.

TD-er
Core team member

#5 Post by TD-er » 08 Feb 2022, 16:51

Well, "soon" is always a bit tricky and right now especially.
Normally I am working every day on ESPEasy, but the next few weeks this will be slightly limited as I have to move back to my rebuilt house.
So a lot of things have to be arranged, which makes it even harder to predict when things can be implemented.