Mess with the Fuse and DeepSleep for my Mailbox

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Waryard
Normal user

Mess with the Fuse and DeepSleep for my Mailbox

#1 Post by Waryard » 15 Mar 2022, 00:51

Hello everybody!

I managed to solder as tiny as I could a Wemos D1 mini with its battery and battery shield, without forgetting the sensor, to fit into my mailbox

Everything works great, the info is sent via MQTT and after a trigger, the sensor keeps the trigger pin high for 5min30sec, so now as I don't want my battery to last for 15min, I want to use the deepsleep mode.

Actually, my rule is quite simple :

Code: Select all

On System#Wake do
  If [Fuse#State]=1
    deepsleep,300
  EndIf
EndOn
"Fuse" is just a basic switch input. Nothing is connected to it and the pull-up resistor is enabled. When I want to manage the ESP via the web interface I just connect it to ground at boot. If it can help someone to not be obliged to erase and reflash because stuck outside like me yesterday :D

So, my question : is there a way to do it a bit cleaner ? I mean, I think that when the system#wake is triggered, the ESP is already trying to connect to my Wi-Fi and the deepsleep interrupts it at the middle of the process. Is it possible to not power on the Wi-Fi module at boot (if the fuse is OK) and only via another rule (I receive a letter once per week so the Wi-Fi module only had to be powered on at this precise moment, not every 5min)

Thanks in advance!
Waryard

ThomasB
Normal user

Re: Mess with the Fuse and DeepSleep for my Mailbox

#2 Post by ThomasB » 15 Mar 2022, 16:24

Is it possible to not power on the Wi-Fi module at boot ...
There's some information on how to disable wifi posted here:
https://letscontrolit.com/forum/viewtop ... 257#p57203

- Thomas