ESP Easy Bible

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

bonti69
Normal user

ESP Easy Bible

#1 Post by bonti69 » 25 Feb 2023, 13:00

ESP Easy Bible
I found on my ESP folder this pdf file. I don't remember where I downloaded from...
Rules_in_ESPEasy.rar
(60.99 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
A few small examples...
It would be nice to have a topic where we could gather more examples like those, for the begginners...maybe starting from here: https://espeasy.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... g-examples
Of course are welcomed more complex projects.
A database from where anyone could start it's own project, from sub-modules, adapting, altering the codes
And , after moderators are verifying the codes, from time to time, an ESP Easy Bible.pdf could be generating, available for download...
Moreover since the rules parser are more demanding and restrictive...

TD-er
Core team member

Re: ESP Easy Bible

#2 Post by TD-er » 25 Feb 2023, 14:16

The original idea was to let users showcase such examples on the Wiki.
But in reality, most were starting documenting things and either never finishing, or never updating it.

The next idea was to have the ReadTheDocs being generated from the same source tree as the source code.
And I think it would be a great idea to have examples present in the documentation, I don't know whether those will be kept up-to-date as it is already hard to get the documentation of the current functionality up-to-date.

However, I do fully agree we're missing some easy to access (and easy to find) resource of describing how to implement some typical use cases.

There is a lot to be found on the forum, but that's literally what it is... to be found.
If you don't know the right key words to describe what you're thinking of, then you won't find it.
And when found, the solution is often somewhere around 80% of the N pages the topic is long and often you still need to scroll back several pages to get all info you need.