Hi all

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Beills
New user

Hi all

#1 Post by Beills » 16 Nov 2023, 07:26

Hello,
I've always been fascinated with technology but only worked in construction type jobs. I decided that I wanted to provide a better future for my daughter and so I set off to get two degrees, Computer Programming and Electronic Engineering. I love to learn how to create things. I'm interested in growing my smart garden into something fun, full of data, and educational. I have sensors throughout my garden and in my beehives. My goal is to send the data into my house by being off the grid and with no internet access. I'm new to programming and Arduino so please be patient and "dumb it down" for me when I ask questions, I sometimes don't know how to explain what I need help with.

Ath
Normal user

Re: Hi all

#2 Post by Ath » 16 Nov 2023, 08:37

Welcome
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 16 Nov 2023, 08:49

Just curious about the beehives.
I know someone who has placed pressure sensors under his hives to see when he has to 'empty' them.
Do you also plan on something like that?

chromo23
Normal user

#4 Post by chromo23 » 16 Nov 2023, 08:59

Hello and welcome...
Beills wrote: 16 Nov 2023, 07:26 I sometimes don't know how to explain what I need help with.
I totally understand what you mean but i also think the people here are very good at helping to figure that out. (especially the two people that wrote before me) :)
TD-er wrote: 16 Nov 2023, 08:49 I know someone who has placed pressure sensors under his hives to see when he has to 'empty' them.
I also build several beehive scales with temperature sensors and it is a really helpful tool. (I am not a beekeeper myself but because of building it for friends i am always swimming in honey :D )