Work is being done on a new experimental ESP Easy Mega edition. Roadmap for this edition:
- It will use native SPIFFS support and all older custom flash access routines will be dropped
- We move to the 1M SPIFFS model, so OTA will work with sketches up to 1.5MB sketch size on 4M modules
- Fallback Wifi AP support in case your primary WiFi access point goes down or into maintenance
- Support for multiple active controllers
- Support for specific notification plugins
- Native SD card support and system logging to SD card
- Taskvalues are preserved during reboot (not after power loss!)
- Multiple rule sets that can also be uploaded using the webgui
- Some sort of flash protection mechanisme to prevent bricking your device due to 'dangerous' plugins
- Several device plugins will be reworked and added to the main branch: NeoPixel, NeoPixel Candle, NeoPixel WordClock, ID12/RDM6300 RFID, Framed OLED, MQTT import, Thermocouple, P1 Wifi gateway, Timer Clock.
This version has now been renamed to ESPEasy version 2.
Development releases can be found here: https://github.com/letscontrolit/ESPEasy/releases
You should be able to upload this using OTA. If you're upgrading from an older ESPEasy version, the system will perform a full reset !!! So you will need to reconfigure the ESP Easy device from scratch!
Support and discussion
Source code development
- Github (Go to the mega-branch instead of master!)