Hello from Germany

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

rosskopp
New user

Hello from Germany

#1 Post by rosskopp » 16 Aug 2016, 09:48

Hello all,

My name is Ross and i live and work in Germany. i recently started back up my passion of electronics. as a kid i use to take electronics apart in my house which upset my parents because items that i dismantled were items that they used everyday. for instance, the cordless phone...

in college i participated in extracurricular clubs dealing with electronics and built some really neat stuff. as i got older and did not find the time to further my passion, i always wondered what would i be if i kept up the tinkering of electronics...

in the last year i have gotten back into the electronics and software world just so i may show my son how enjoyable and rewarding it is to build something yourself. i now have over 1000 different electronics components, a high tech workbench, over 10 different variations of Raspberry Pi and ESP8266 chips. and this is just the start.

i have built everything from a night light using 3 RGB LEDs with an Arduino Pro mini to a controller that measures two temperatures, calculates the delta between the two and actuates a pump...(for my pool heater).

i recently saw what ESP8266.NU was doing and decided to stop bit banging for the moment and see what the hype was and try it. all i can say is WOW!!! the software is fabulous!!! my builds are now quicker due to the time spent programming is drastically shortened. it use to take me a few days to get all attached items to the ESP working, now its at most 3 hours. most of the time being setting up the cabling on the breadboards.

that being said, i want to thank the ESP8266.nu team for making this so much easier for me, because now i can spend more time with my son showing him how to configure the ESP within minutes and not days!!!

Ross Kopp

BertB
Normal user

Re: Hello from Germany

#2 Post by BertB » 15 Jan 2017, 10:38

Hi,
Welcome to Lets Control it
Hope to see more from you soon.

Greetings,
Bert