(Solved) sonoff touch firmware needed/questions

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

bobbybeans
Normal user

(Solved) sonoff touch firmware needed/questions

#1 Post by bobbybeans » 22 Mar 2017, 20:40

So, i just recieved a sonoff touch in the mail, first thing i did was rip it apart and immediately noticed it has a really small esp chip the psf-a01
after some googling I found the pinout for pin 0 , 3.3 , gnd, tx and rx. and figured out this is a esp8285 greattt.... i don't have any bins for this
i got it to flash with the nodemcu flasher tool and with my own compiled esp8285 bin but it never comes up with a esp_0 wifi network for me to connect to.

This was literally the first time i have ever compiled a binary so I would suspect something is wrong however I have everything compiling correctly, the only thing I am unsure about is the spiff size. what is it supposed to be. currently I have it set to 1m (512k spiffs). What is it supposed to be?

and would anybody be so kind as to give me one of their bin files that is known to work with a ESP8285 as it is VERY annoying to get this into bootmode and I don't want to continue to recompile binarys then spend 10 min trying to fiddle with the wires of get it to flash mode. I also know it flashed right as when in the orignal firmware it would flash a blue led every second now when i power it up in regular mode it doesn't
I want to also release a guide on this but i need to get it working first... haha as I can't find anywhere that has documented how to flash this thing
Last edited by bobbybeans on 23 Mar 2017, 10:25, edited 1 time in total.

Shardan
Normal user

Re: sonoff touch firmware needed/questions

#2 Post by Shardan » 22 Mar 2017, 21:04

You may use the Arduino ESP and compile a .bin File for the 8255-chip.

In general it is an ESP8266 with internal 1024 kbyte memory so set the compiling parameters accordingly
(Board type ESP-8255, memsize etc).

Maybe this thread helps a bit further as it mentions the used GPIO's and such:
https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2350

I've added a compiled version of R148 for the ESP-8255 that is used here for a Sonoff Basic.
ESPEasy_R148a_1024.zip
(281.09 KiB) Downloaded 2268 times
Use the ESP tool and the flash.cmd from the R14x versions to flash it, that worked for me.

Regards
Shardan
Regards
Shardan

bobbybeans
Normal user

#3 Post by bobbybeans » 22 Mar 2017, 22:19

i was mainly wondering about the spiff size?
Shardan wrote: 22 Mar 2017, 21:04 You may use the Arduino ESP and compile a .bin File for the 8255-chip.

In general it is an ESP8266 with internal 1024 kbyte memory so set the compiling parameters accordingly
(Board type ESP-8255, memsize etc).
i found this one however the pinout /layout of the board is different dont know why, i think mine is EU version and that one is US version i am guessing. I have found it using the itead wiki pinout of the psf-a01
Maybe this thread helps a bit further as it mentions the used GPIO's and such:
https://www.letscontrolit.com/forum/vie ... php?t=2350
thank you
I've added a compiled version of R148 for the ESP-8255 that is used here for a Sonoff Basic.

ESPEasy_R148a_1024.zip
i use nodemcu flasher tool
Use the ESP tool and the flash.cmd from the R14x versions to flash it, that worked for me.

Regards
Shardan

bobbybeans
Normal user

#4 Post by bobbybeans » 22 Mar 2017, 23:38

well... i got it working with 64k spiffs and directly compiling and uploading it. before that i reflashed it i dont know how many times with my bins, and the one you provided. Thanks though :) i just monitored the serial and saw it finish. now to figure out the relay pin ....

bobbybeans
Normal user

#5 Post by bobbybeans » 22 Mar 2017, 23:47

i have found the led on pin 13 and the relay on pin 12. what pin is the capacitive touch on? . as currently i have it setup so i can control it from domoticz and tablet via the switch and it flips the relay...but i can't touch the actual capacitive touch :(

bobbybeans
Normal user

#6 Post by bobbybeans » 23 Mar 2017, 10:25

I have got it working the touch sensor is on pin 0
I traced it back on the board as I couldn't find any diagrams of it . shall be doing a write up when I have time as the other thread seems to be a us version of the switch as I can't solder on headers without it interfering with the case when I put it back together