Hello from Germany

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

voyager46
Normal user

Hello from Germany

#1 Post by voyager46 » 27 Mar 2016, 10:26

Hello to ESPeasy,

as a first time user i was very excited finding ESPeasy. Looks really great. Congrats for such good work. I was trying to build several simple electronics for my own hobby Greenhouses. Small housings supporting a maximum of one or two exotic plants. Starting with Arduino was pretty easy but to big and too expensive ( 8 Arduino boards + 8 Ethernet shields + several Sensors). Then i found the cheap ESP-01 module. I decided to give it a try. But NodeMCU, Lua and assembler were of no big use to me. To much work. But then i found your work which can be used with the Arduino IDE.
Fanatastic. It is just made for my project.
Thanks a lot for it. I hope it will be reliable for a long time. I have started a simple upload without any sensors and watch the uptime on a OLED display.

Yo

costo
Normal user

Re: Hello from Germany

#2 Post by costo » 28 Mar 2016, 02:29

Hi, for best stability of a ESP01 you must solder a capacitor of 1-10uF very close to the ESP-board. Preferable solder the capacitor on the board over the Vcc and ground pin.
Like in this picture where a 2.2uF tantalium capacitor is soldered on yhe module.
http://static.tweakers.net/ext/f/7O1ICy ... 7/full.jpg
Without proper decoupling of the supply line you can experience frequent reboots.